Private foundation launching new web-based learning initiative seeks a self-motivated business development professional to fill the position of BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER.
About the Foundation
The Constitution Foundation (DBA The Saylor Foundation) was established in 1999 by the CEO of a leading business intelligence technology company. The Foundation has launched an initiative committed to the development and structuring of open educational resources, with the goal of driving the cost of higher education down to zero. The initiative seeks to provide the architecture for a new educational model designed to disseminate free, high-quality materials to those lacking the resources to access traditional schooling.
The Saylor Foundation has developed over 230 self-contained, cost-free, college-level courses and made them openly available to the public at www.saylor.org. The Foundation wishes to expand its reach through 1) a direct marketing campaign geared towards potential students and 2) the cultivation of partnerships with entities with extensive international popularity and a ubiquitous web presence. Ideal partners would include well-known internet-based companies and services located in Silicon Valley that rise above all others in the realm of free distribution of content. The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER will operate under the supervision of and report directly to the Foundation Program Director. He or she will be responsible for researching, identifying, and developing partnerships with organizations in the non-profit, commercial, and government sectors with the end goal of distributing the Foundation's educational content to as many individuals as possible. The Manager will assess the open education space, stay abreast of developments in the field, and work to establish the Foundation as a leader in the movement. He/she will work with Foundation staff in order to ensure consistent messaging and clarity of purpose in all of the Foundation's interactions with the open education space.
Specific tasks include, but may not be limited to:
1) Identifying and contacting potential partner organizations specifically in Silicon Valley and establishing relationships with key decision makers.
2) Developing and updating a reporting mechanism for such outreach and partnership proposals in order to keep staff and trustee abreast of developments and patterns of success/failure.
3) Studying and assessing the potential integration of the Foundation's venture with target partner's mission, needs, and goals.
4) Conceptualizing mutually beneficial partnership proposals and negotiating and implementing specific plans for action.
5) Conducting general outreach in order to stay abreast of key developments in the industry; identifying potential funding sources and opportunities; and reaching out to grant-makers on the West Coast to pursue these relationships.
6) Developing relationships with press and media outlets (specifically those focused on technology) in order to increase awareness of the Foundation's mission and status in Silicon Valley.
This is a full-time position. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of Foundation Director, and, for a trial period of 6 weeks, will telecommute full time from San Francisco, CA, with 1 visit to Washington. The Foundation will review this working arrangement after 6 weeks and may request a change in schedule or reporting structure.
Pay is commensurate with experience on a not-for-profit scale. Health care benefits included for hired individual.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume with the subject line "Business Development Manager" to the e-mail address below.
Education requirements: Master's degree
Employment type: Full time
Professional level: Managerial
keywords: business development manager, full-time, full-time jobs www.genuinejobs.com