Nebraskans Against the Death Penalty Foundation (NADP) seeks a motivated, experienced community organizer to help advance our campaign. NADP is comprised of individuals and affiliate organizations across the state, united in our efforts to end the death penalty. See www.nadp.net for more details.
The organizer can be located anywhere in Nebraska and will work from home or in a local office. He/She will work with the Executive Director to design and implement grassroots strategies to mobilize NADP members and supporters to take meaningful action on NADP's statewide agenda. Half-time hours are flexible but will require some work after business hours. The position will require travel within the state.
* Strengthen the activities and effectiveness of current NADP members, activists, volunteers, board, and committees--provide information, guidance, assistance, and training to local leadership; attend occasional regional meetings; organize events and coalition-building opportunities.
* Network to develop new local activists, donors, supporting organizations, and key messengers in targeted geographical areas and among key constituencies.
* Help expand the use of web-based technologies as a tool to advance NADP's program goals.
* Manage constituent and donor information and help to maintain the integrity of NADP's database.
* Assist the Executive Director in implementing campaigns to take advantage of ripe political and media moments, as appropriate.
* Represent NADP in public forums, including coalitions, community groups, and various public speaking engagements.
* At least two years organizing or other relevant experience.
* Excellent leadership and communication skills, both written and oral; experience as a public spokesperson and advocate a plus.
* Self-motivated and able to work with a team.
* Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office software; experience with on-line organizing and communication.
* Comfort with analyzing and articulating complex issues and communicating them to a variety of audiences; a "quick study" on a dynamic array of death-penalty related issues.
* Ability to keep organized in a fast-paced environment, to manage several projects simultaneously, and to adjust to frequently changing demands.
* Experience in supervising and motivating volunteers and working cooperatively with groups.
* Familiarity with and a demonstrated commitment to death penalty abolition; personal enthusiasm and a confident, professional presentation.
* A commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
* Ability to work occasional overtime or irregular hours, to attend evening meetings, and to travel.
* Direct or personal experience with the criminal justice system, law enforcement, or murder victims family
Start date: July 15, 2012
Education requirements: No requirement
Employment type: Part time
Professional level: None specified
Salary details: $12,500/year half-time, flexible hours, plus travel and $100/month health stipend. Minimum commitment: 1 year; project funding secured for 1 year with potential to expand.
How to Apply:
Email resume, cover letter, writing sample, and three references to Stacy Anderson at the e-mail address below. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
keywords: nadp field organizer, field organizer, project, contract www.genuinejobs.com