2012-2013 School Year
Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K-12. Since 2001, the company's Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012-2013 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and are expected to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 1000 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. For more information, call 800-382-6010 or visit www.ConnectionsEducation.com. Connections Education is part of the global learning company Pearson (NYSE:PSO).
National Connections Academy (NaCA) is a division of Connections Academy LLC. Five years ago, Connections Academy began admitting students to a pilot program. The pilot program was created to meet the needs of students who were not eligible, for a variety of reasons, to enroll in one of Connections' virtual public schools. In addition to enrolling a select number of full-time students, the pilot program found there was keen interest from its family of virtual public schools in having selections from its course offerings (most particularly its language and elective courses) available for part-time study. After successfully operating as a pilot program, National Connections Academy was formed as a fully accredited private school program. NaCA enrolled over 600 students this school year and is poised for significant expansion.
Working out of their home, the Adjunct Teacher will be responsible for providing support/ feedback to parent and students via email, and phone call; finalizing all student grades; corresponding with tutors; and holding special live lesson sessions for special cases. The adjunct teacher will report to the Program Manager.
Adjunct teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
* Communicate with students through the use of LiveLesson(r), Webmail, and Phone to welcome students and update them on progress;
* Provide up to date supplemental materials on our Messageboard;
* Update Message board 3 times a semester;
* Grade all verbal portions of Unit tests;
* Assist with evaluating tutors based on established standard operating procedures;
* Finalize semester grade for all students;
* Mentor tutors and assist tutors with completing necessary documentation and adhere to Connections Education requirements and standards for all students that have attended the tutoring session; and
* Other duties as assigned.
Requirements * Certified to teach Physical Education/Health K-12 in any state
* BA in education is preferred
* Experience with online instruction is a plus
* Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Highly organized and punctual
* Customer focused approach
* High degree of flexibility
* Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
* Team player track record
* Ability to work some occasional early morning or evening hours, as needed to support some families IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: pe teacher, adjunct teacher, physical education teacher, health adjunct teacher www.genuinejobs.com