Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K-12. Since 2001, the company's Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2011-2012 school year, 23 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Connections Learning is an online learning provider that delivers a full range of quality, affordable, and turnkey online learning solutions to institutions and individuals. Bringing personalized and flexible learning to students everywhere, Connections Learning products combine a proven curriculum, the latest instructional tools, certified teachers skilled in online instruction, and state-of-the-art technology. Feature products include: online courses; online summer school; homebound student solutions; credit recovery; the ConnexusTM digital learning platform; 21st Century Skills courses; a STEM package; online speech therapy; blended/hybrid programs; and virtual private and public school programs. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Learning is a division of Connections Education LLC. For more information, call 888-440-2890 or visit www.ConnectionsLearning.com.
Working from their home office based in Oklahoma state, the Program Manager will have accountability and responsibility for the effective operation of a portfolio of virtual school programs. This position will work with management and educational leaders within the various virtual school programs to establish and maintain the various programs, ensuring outstanding academic and business outcomes. The program manager will perform a variety of roles, including account liaison to our customer, issue resolution, business measurement and reporting, curriculum development, and other responsibilities.
* Manage a portfolio of virtual school programs as the single point of accountability for the customer, including all program management and support;
* Ensure high quality communication with customer, all school staff, students and families to include development and implementation of any necessary training;
* Manage relationships with the various program authorizers, and stay current on each customers policies, procedures and legislation, including specific special education procedures, and graduation matriculation, etc;
* Manage the implementation of the proven Connections Education curriculum and school operation protocols;
* Develop and review curriculum with Connections Education and clients on specialized programs;
* Develop system of accountability of staff associated with programs.
* Hire, train and manage Connections Learning teachers, adjuncts, and tutors to include intervention in the case of low student participation/performance;
* Assist teaching staff with implementing any program changes and/or new software application introductions;
* Interface with corporate departments and customers to ensure processes are in place for effective marketing (collateral development, website creation and event support), efficient enrollment, placement, instruction, progress reporting of students, invoicing and accounting;
* Ensure effective customer communication tools are in place for site-based accounts to include student and mentor orientations and demos, as well as status communications throughout the school year to include student progress reporting and renewals;
* When indicated, ensure proper communication tools are in place for parent interface to include account access, orientations, and guides;
* Conduct end of program evaluation and continuous improvement planning;
* Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment where skills are challenged; and
* Additional duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree required, Masters desired, Administration license preferred
* Knowledge of and experience in education, specifically virtual schooling is preferred
* Exceptional communication, analytical, and organizational skills
* Flexibility in schedule is required to meet seasonal goals and deadlines
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Strong work ethic, ability to develop positive work atmosphere and motivate staff
* Experience using MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and ability to learn and use new software products IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: home-based, program management jobs, program manager www.genuinejobs.com