SmartBrief seeks serious political news junkie for freelance writing
Can you condense a complex article in two sentences?
Can you handle tight deadlines?
Are you adept at tracking down the latest news on the web?
Do you eat, sleep and breathe politics?
Then you're the person for us!
SmartBrief is seeking a freelance writer to help create a daily online non-partisan political e-mail newsletter. Candidates would be expected to work between 9a.m. and 11a.m. EST Monday through Friday.
What we're looking for: Someone who loves writing and who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive, newsroom-style work environment. The ideal candidate has worked as a politics and elections writer or editor for a newspaper or website with multiple daily deadlines. Our briefs summarize the top news in a given field in just a handful of sentences, and our freelancers work with our editors to shape that content. You will not be reporting or writing long-form articles in this position!
Applicants will be asked to complete a timed writing test. This position is a telecommuting position.
* Search the Web to locate news articles for inclusion in the newsletter.
* Summarize online articles, studies and other information for use in e-mail publications.
* Use online publishing tools to create e-mail newsletters and other content.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Proven writing skills. (A timed test is given)
* Ability to write quickly and accurately on deadline, starting 9 a.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
* A relentless passion for political news
* Sophisticated understanding of how to find news and information on the Web.
* Knowledge of Associated Press style.
* Facility for using online publishing tools.
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
* Proven record of sharing responsibilities and managing multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
Founded in 1999, SmartBrief is the leader in customized e-mail news services and reaches top-flight executives in a variety of markets, including advertising, retail, hospitality, telecom, health care and consumer packaged goods.
We're expanding rapidly and looking for exceptional, motivated individuals to join our team. At SmartBrief, employees enjoy an entrepreneurial work environment with accelerated advancement opportunities.
SmartBrief is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please e-mail resumes to the address below. Place the following in the subject line: Political News Freelancer -- JJ (-- http://bit.ly/MLsrue)
keywords: political news writer, political writer, writing jobs, writer www.genuinejobs.com