We are currently recruiting for a senior Senior Software Developer to join our growing team in Ajax, Ontario.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Architecture and Applications, the Software Developer will participate in the development of Digital Video System products.
Our future team member will hold a Degree in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering combined with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
In addition to the qualifications listed below, we are seeking a self-motivated professional, who is a strong communicator, capable of multitasking effectively and accommodating change.
The following duties outline but do not limit the regular position requirements:
- Partner with team members to create Application Program Interfaces and other structures around existing functional software modules;
- Create system architecture/design documents;
- Provide technical guidance to other ATX team members;
- Work with ATX digital video engineers to identify, enhance and remedy product performance issues as required; and
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- Expert-level Python and Django development skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of network communication protocols (IP/routing/ switching), interfaces, and hardware subsystems;
- Familiarity with database applications and SQL is highly desirable;
- Ability to develop and debug software and subsystems in real-time multitasking, multi-threaded environments;
- Knowledge of MPEG, GStreamer, and experience developing commercial software in areas related to video processing would be significant asset;
- Experience with socket programming;
- Experience with profiling and optimizing memory & performance would be an asset; and
- Excellent coding and documentation practices.
LOCATION: Ajax, Ontario office with some flexibility for working remotely
START DATE: ASAP
ATX Referral Category: 2
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to submit their resume in confidence to ATX by June 30, 2016.
Internal applicants and referrals may send thier resume directly to Human Resources.
ATX Networks is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals. Should you require any accommodations during the recruitment process please notify Human Resources. The ATX Accessible Customer Service Plan can we viewed on our website (http://atxnetworks.com/corporate/accessible-customer-service-plan/).
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with ATX however only those selected for an initial interview will be contacted. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: software developer, senior software developer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter