**This position can be a remote/work from home situation. We will happily consider candidates outside of Denver, CO area.**
At Quantum, we recognize that storing data is only half the battle - turning 0's and 1's into meaningful business value requires innovation. We dedicate ourselves to delivering leading-edge storage and cloud services that enable customers to transform data into business insights and competitive advantage. Whether its analyzing PB's of satellite imagery, producing hi-res 4K video, or advancing scientific research, our customers accomplish amazing things with the help of Quantum.
Be a part of the storage transformation. Join Quantum and fundamentally change the way that customers manage their data, both on-site and in the cloud.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer. Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
This team works on our DXi product line, a disk based back-up solution business, a growing market that Quantum is a major player in. DXi is a mature product line which has a large install base and is a direct competitor with EMC with cutting edge disk based back up technology. The DXI is the industry leading De-duplication product and is supported by a team of professionals second to none. The product is a mixture of many different technologies (Linux, RAID, VTL, NAS, StorNext, De-duplication, etc.) all working together and creates unique opportunity to grow support resources and to hone skills much less utilized in other areas.
- Demonstrates self-initiative and self-direction in learning activities and professional development (e.g., reviewing Technical Bulletins, product manuals, etc).
- Serves as a role model of professionalism by promoting teamwork, demonstrating characteristics such as a positive attitude, appropriate business attire, high energy, and establishing high standards of personal performance and ethical conduct.
- Follows through on commitments to customers and to Quantum Team Members.
- Ensures customers are satisfied and can be utilized as a positive reference for Quantum by timely resolution of problems, and frequent contact.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, effective listening, concern with quality deliverables and an appropriate sense of urgency in fulfilling customer requirements.
- Professionalism reflected in oral and written communication.
- Sets an example of excellence in areas such as: responding to service requests, providing timely, concise and accurate updates to service requests and other administrative requirements.
- Follows documented procedures and processes in the performance of job responsibilities.
- May provide work direction in an assigned area, including day-to-day work assignments, local account assignments, on-call schedules, etc.
- Performs other duties as required such as leading or assisting on special projects, installations, etc.
- Occasional travel to Colorado, if remote, up to 5 days.
- Successfully complete all training assignments, which include on-the-job instruction as well as training in a formal classroom setting.
- Prior to escalating to the Level II team or SES, updates SR with findings from DXi collect log, Application logs, OS logs, Bugzilla search and any online resources used for problem resolution.
- Analyze DXi Advanced Reporting output and determine system health, usage patterns, ingest, replication, deduplication, and reclamation/garbage collection performance.
- Able to isolate problem to the product, ecosystem, or backup hosts/software.
- When required, demonstrates the ability to install, configure, and deliver customer orientation for the products listed.
DXi Advanced Reporting
- Demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot, upgrade, and repair the products listed in Table 1 in accordance with the documented procedures.
- Demonstrates logical troubleshooting techniques when documented procedures fail to resolve the problem.
- Identifies deficiencies in internal process.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar degree, plus 5 or more years' experience in a customer service technical support role.
- Direct experience with data storage, specifically VTL and NAS products.
- Experience with NetApp/LSI arrays is a plus.
- Experience with replication and de-duplication technologies is a plus.
- High level UNIX system administration and troubleshooting skills on multiple Unix platforms.
- Solaris, HPUX, AIX and particularly Linux.
- High level Microsoft Windows system administration and troubleshooting skills are a plus.
- Familiar with VMware.
- Knowledge of fibre channel, iSCSI and SCSI technology, networking and SAN.
- Familiarity with backup applications such as EMC Networker, Symantec NetBackup, or CommVault is a plus.
- Superior troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to understand customer needs, to "read" the customer and adapt behavior/approach accordingly.
- Ability to multi-task between several critical customer situations at the same time.
- Ability to work independently, as well as contributing as a team player.
- Evidence of personal and professional energy and excellence.
- Follows through on commitments to customers and team members.
- Strong customer relations skills and understanding of the sales cycle.
- Ability to establish technical credibility and instill customer confidence in a wide variety of technical environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Evidence of personal and professional energy and excellence. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: tech support, software technical support engineer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter