Connections Education is a leading provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K-12. Since 2001, the company's Connections Academy has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools. In the 2014-15 school year, Connections Academy supports 29 virtual public schools in 25 states - serving more than 60,000 students. Connections Education delivers blended (online and on-site) learning in select states via Nexus Academy schools, while students worldwide seeking a private online school can attend International Connections Academy. The Connections Learning by Pearson division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning by Pearson delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and private and public online schools. Connections Education is based in Baltimore, Maryland and was named a 2014 "Top Workplace" by the Baltimore Sun and a 2013 "Best Place to Work" by Baltimore magazine. Regularly recognized for its outstanding curriculum and leadership, Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success. Connections Education is part of the global education company, Pearson.
Working out of their home, the LiveTutor will "virtually" manage a synchronous virtual classroom utilized by pre-screened students from Connections Education schools across the country. The LiveTutor will be responsible for working with students to develop understanding of the Spanish language. LiveTutors will be responsible for monitoring student activity within the virtual classroom at all times, and providing support/feedback, as well as logging student contacts.
This part-time position is for the 2016-2015 school year and is a 10-month position. Tutors may work up to five (5) days per week, Monday- Friday; for four (4) hours per day and for a minimal of 15 hours per week. Possible shifts would fall within the following time frames: Monday through Thursday 3:00 p.m. through 8:00 p.m. EST and Friday 12:00 p.m. through 4:00 p.m. EST. Tutors will be working with students in the Elementary, Middle School, and High School levels.
- Monitor activity within the virtual classroom at all times during hours of operation;
- Work with students to develop knowledge in Spanish;
- Communicate with students through the use of LiveLesson
- Ensure necessary documentation is completed and adheres to Connections Education requirements and standards for all students that have attended the tutoring session
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA in education is preferred
- State teaching certification in Spanish is preferred
- United States Residency
- Experience with online instruction is a plus
- Prior experience as tutor is a plus
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Computer, headphones, microphone, and high-speed access to internet IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: part-time, spanish tutor www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter