We're ClickTime. We help businesses become more productive every day. Our time and expense tracking tools are used by thousands of companies worldwide.
Our office is in the heart of downtown San Francisco, with great food and coffee just steps away. As a bootstrapped, privately held, profitable entity, we provide big company benefits while maintaining the size and energy of a startup. Working with us means you'll be challenged, surrounded by high-quality teammates, and empowered to thrive.
About the Role
ClickTime is all about making companies more productive, and we log tens of thousands of customer hours every day to fulfill that mission. The key to our success is creating a simple application that's available 24/7. That's where you come in.
As ClickTime's Linux Administrator, you'll be working on the ClickTime platform to make sure the lights are on all the time. You'll help with system monitoring, troubleshooting, general maintenance, and upgrades and enhancements, all while exercising good judgment and responsibility toward a critical application.
- Be responsible for the Linux portion of our environment
- Assist in the support of other systems (MS Windows) as needed
- Maintain production application uptime at 99.99%
- Perform standard systems maintenance of the whole platform stack
- Perform system updates, replacements and additions as directed
- Maintain our Dev/QA and stage environments and the accompanying infrastructure (build machines, virtual hosts, test systems, source code repositories etc)
- Work collaboratively with the infrastructure team
- Resolve internal IT issues
- Responsible. This role is part of an on-call team that's available to respond to systems emergencies as part of a rotation
- Technically flexible. This is a broad role that works with many different technologies
- Highly proficient in administering Linux based operating systems (Ubuntu and CentOS)
- Comfortable working in a virtualized environment (VmWare)
- Comfortable maintaining and upgrading computer hardware
- Understanding of network technologies and relational databases
Bonus if you have:
- Some Experience administering Windows based servers.
- Experience working with a software development team.
- Basic understanding of relational databases.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, CoreOS, Docker and/or Chef
Competitive salary, profit-sharing (did we mention we're profitable?), medical/dental/vision, health savings account, subsidized transit, 401(k) with matching, weekly catered lunches, unlimited coffee, a dinosaur.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and relevant links (e.g. Github/bitbucket/personal website). Please, no phone calls, drop-ins, or recruiters. ClickTime provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: linux admin, linux administrator www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter