RaiseUp Consulting provides nonprofits with prospect research and grant writing services, as well as individual donor cultivation and database management. We are seeking an experienced, part-time Policy / Legal Grant Writer to manage all stages of private foundation and individual fundraising activities for our clients. For this position, we are seeking a grant writer with extensive previous experience writing in the public policy and/or legal spheres.
This position requires availability for 10-15 hours weekly. Work will be conducted remotely with regular meetings via phone or Skype.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing schedules of application, reporting, and renewal deadlines;
- Preparing grant applications and writing grant proposals and reports;
- Communicating professionally with nonprofit clients; and
- Conducting foundation and individual prospect research.
The ideal candidate is:
- Highly experienced at researching and applying to private foundation prospects (most, if not all, prospects will be private, not government), as well as individual donors;
- Detail-oriented and an excellent writer, researcher, and editor (perfectionists welcome);
- Reliable and capable of turning projects around within a few days. Some projects will be flexible in timing (1-2 week turnaround), and others will require faster completion.
- Experienced with public policy or legal writing, research, and editing, ideally with a degree that reflects this background.
- Experienced with fundraising for advocacy-oriented nonprofit work, not only direct services.
Consultant rate is $30-$45/hour, based on experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, a brief cover letter explaining your interest in the position, and a writing sample (preferably a grant proposal) to the email address below. The first stage of the interview process will involve a policy / legal themed writing exercise.
Employment type: Part Time
Professional level: None specified
Education: No requirement
keywords: part time, policy writer, legal grant writer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter