- Do you take assignments and deadlines seriously?
- Can you write a short, well researched, and accurate news story in less than an hour?
- Are you comfortable generating story ideas based on Google Trends and SEO keywords?
- Do you have experience reporting on personal finance and/or celebrity news?
If yes, then keep reading!
GOBankingRates.com, a division of ConsumerTrack Inc., is a financial portal that provides readers with fresh takes on a range of financial topics from personal finance and budgeting, to financial planning, wealth building and investing. Over 1 million readers visit our website each month to read original articles on information, trending and news topics in the money vertical.
Our editorial team has partnered with dozens of top media outlets like MSN, Daily Finance, Business Insider, CBS MoneyWatch and Huffington Post to provide syndicated and original personal finance, investing, retirement and consumer banking content to their readers.
We are looking for a quick and accurate journalist with proven success to support our team. You will pitch story ideas based on trending news and write short pieces on deadline. The position is a freelance role and will be paid per article.
The personal finance reporter will pitch and report on a range of article topics including celebrity news, movie and television premieres, holiday sales/deals/discounts, and business news for GOBankingRates.com. You will be expected to integrate keywords and SEO friendly best-practices into your writing and perform additional keyword research as needed. Ability to meet a quick deadline is crucial.
As with all content on GOBankingRates.com, articles are expected to be high-quality and well-researched. Every article should showcase your expertise and be clear, concise, conversational and correct. Source citations will be required for fact-checking.
The ideal candidate is a combination of researcher and writer who can reliably hit quick deadlines.
This is a great opportunity for a junior-level reporter to bolster their portfolio.
- 1-2 years of journalism and reporting experience in the financial vertical (samples required)
- Ability to pitch story ideas based on trending news (Google Trends, SEO keywords)
- Previous work history at a financial web portal, news website or other major online media outlet or blog. (Freelance is okay, so long as you can provide published samples.)
- Strong grasp of financial and economic concepts like deposit accounts, interest rates, mortgages, credit and debt.
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with the in-house editorial team.
- Must be able to stick to deadlines and follow instructions from an editor (this may include rewriting in some instances).
- Experience reporting on celebrity or breaking news preferred.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Basic understanding of SEO, keywords and writing for the web.
To be considered for the role, please send a brief cover letter highlighting your journalism, finance and breaking news reporting background, as well as explaining your interest in the position. Additionally, please submit your résumé, desired rate per article, and three to five samples of recently published work in the financial and/or celebrity vertical. Applications without a specified rate or clips will not be considered. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: freelance, personal finance reporter www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter