Toptal is one of the most innovative and rapidly expanding tech start-ups from Silicon Valley. With backing from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Adam D'Angelo, our platform is the fastest growing labor marketplace in the history of the Internet--connecting thousands of elite engineers and designers all over the world. In the last five years, Toptal has become the #1 choice for tech companies requiring top-shelf engineering and design talent and for the top 3% (https://www.toptal.com/top-3-percent) of freelancers looking for their next challenge.
While we're primarily focused on bringing quality and value to our clients, we're also committed to creating a world-class environment (https://www.toptal.com/careers) for our employees. We are a completely distributed company with thousands of core and network team members located all over the world (https://www.toptal.com/careers#remote-team), and we take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We take an all-hands-on-deck approach to our work, taking pride in being collaborative, creative, and flexible.
If you aren't looking for a job because you're already killing it, we want you.
As the Lead Editor for Toptal Design, you will be responsible for ensuring the Toptal Design Blog (https://www.toptal.com/designers/blog) grows as a world-class publication for top digital designers. You will be working closely with Toptal's Lead Director of Design and Toptal's global network of top UX, UI, Visual, and Interaction designers to write and curate in-depth, thought-leading studies on the most important trends in the digital design world. You will be responsible for defining and executing the publication's topic strategy, establishing and maintaining an extremely high quality bar for all articles, and guiding the direction of the Toptal Design Blog as the top design publication on the internet.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Research and analyze the work of leading design publications, and define and execute the publication strategy for the Toptal Design Blog.
- Work with top digital designers from around the world to publish in-depth research on the most important concepts and trends in design.
- Define what an A+ Toptal Design Blog study looks like and ensure that all pieces published meet this quality bar.
- Work with designers across a variety of disciplines to showcase their expertise through educational studies (practical, theoretical, and/or conceptual), designed for an audience of other top designers.
- Work with a world-class team of designers and editors to ensure that all pieces published feature compelling visuals and clear, concise thinking.
- Stay on the cutting-edge of design industry trends, publishing analysis on important developments and reviewing relevant articles published by other thought-leaders in design.
- A strong portfolio of studies related to digital design (for example, pieces on design theory, conceptual design explorations, or practical guides on some aspect of design).
- You must come from a digital design background and have a strong portfolio and record of successful design work. Experience as a freelance designer is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of important trends at the top of the design world.
- Unparalleled attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines while never sacrificing quality.
- You must have an exceptional eye for quality and a relentless drive to improve anything that falls below your standards.
- Ability to build and scale in a fast-growing company with a focus on execution.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You must be a self-starter who can define strategy and execute with limited guidance.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: editor, lead editor www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter