Resin.io provides a software platform that helps developers build, deploy and manage code on connected devices. In short, we make IoT work.
Our technology is open, standards-based and proven in production across a wide range of scenarios from drones, 3D printers, point-of-sale devices, tidal turbines, skyscrapers and more. Our investors include DFJ, Aspect Ventures, GE, and Ericsson.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We're looking for a technical content lead to help users learn what resin.io is for and how to use it. You'll lead our efforts to enable positive user experiences with resin.io and champion the entire process of creating understanding.
- Manage our docs from end to end. Document new features, maintain existing docs, organize the structure and flow of our docs, and ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency across all of our technical documentation, including GitHub repos.
- Write content such as blog posts, forum posts, white papers, and website copy to explain our product features, design principles, and architecture to users
- Create tutorials, projects, examples, and screen capture videos to demonstrate our platform
- Help design the user onboarding experience and ongoing user education programs
- Work closely with the product and development teams to understand technical details and their implications for users
- Measure our success in helping users understand resin and find ways to improve
- Excellent writing and communication skills. You turn complicated technical details into clear and interesting material.
- Able to dive deep while keeping the big picture in mind. You can create lots of great content while seeing how it fits into our overall story and broader goals.
- Organized, thorough and pays close to attention to detail. You're the person who will submit a pull request to fix a typo.
- Self-motivated and able to set direction and priorities. You can be incredibly productive without much oversight and know where your time is best spent.
- Skilled at learning and teaching new concepts. You don't need to be a developer, but you do need to speak the language of software, build a basic understanding of resin.io's products, and be able to teach others about our technologies.
- Able to understand the product from a user's perspective and explain features in a way that users will appreciate.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Nice to have:
- Experience with resin-related technologies (e.g. Docker, Linux, IoT devices)
- Interested in trying your hand at hardware projects
- Samples of written material such as technical docs, briefs, and white papers
- Work with a talented, diverse team
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Annual company gathering at an international location
- New computer and equipment of your choice
WORKING AT RESIN.IO
Our team is distributed around the world and embraces a remote-first culture with flexible hours. This means that team members can be highly productive while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
You can expect to work on interesting and increasingly challenging projects here. You'll also have a say in what you work on and how you achieve your goals.
We have a culture that assumes positive intent while driving one another towards excellent results. We value direct and open communication.
We are also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We maintain a work environment in which team members are treated with respect and in which thoughts and ideas can be shared openly.
We actively seek out candidates with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. If you are not sure if this is the role for you, please ask us. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keyword: technical content lead www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter