Bitovi helps companies create better web applications.
We have a track record of designing and building high-profile and amazing web applications through our active Consulting practice. Our apps are built with tests, full docs and a deployment process in place. We created the open source tools powering the applications we build.
Our team is comprised of about 40ish developers and designers located around the US and Canada. This is a remote, full-time position. Due to travel requirements, at this time we are seeking candidates in the US or Canada who are willing and able to travel.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for highly qualified individuals with:
- a good understanding of Computer Science
- professional experience developing enterprise applications
- A CS degree or equivalent knowledge is required
We welcome diversity and non-traditional paths into the developer profession and advocate strongly for hiring the right person as opposed to the right combination of tech keywords.
You'll work with clients creating applications, discussing and designing architectures, reviewing code, and researching new front-end technologies.
You'll work closely with our Open Source team, helping us to advance, improve, and evolve our Open Source toolset.
We support the technical growth and development of our employees. We have an open and engaging community of skilled developers with whom you can collaborate and learn together.
- Present at conferences
- Give trainings
- Plan and run meetups
- Create and maintain open source projects
- Write articles
A LITTLE BIT MORE:
We want someone who enjoys identifying the hard parts of application development and simplifying them, talking about software architecture, and teaching others. We also want someone who can lead others and be an integral part of a team.
Specifically, the following attributes are major positives, but not all hard requirements:
- Has an eagerness to learn and execute in the "the right way"
- Is open minded about development best practices
- Has some experience with back-end systems and databases
- Doesn't mind a bit of travel, averaging one week every month
- Enjoys working on client projects and interacting with clients
- Some experience contributing to or using open source projects
Bitovians get a slate of great benefits. Bitovi offers:
- Competitive salary and yearly bonuses
- Bi-annual company retreats to places like Las Vegas, New Orleans, and Amelia Island, Florida
- 401(k) plan with matching
- 4 weeks of paid vacation
- Health and dental insurance
- LTD and Life Insurance
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Working from home with flexible hours
HOW TO APPLY:
Share your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that shows us that you're the kind of person we've described above. Share something you've built or worked on and let us know what you are most proud of related to it.
*Please note that we are not interested in working with Recruiters or Hiring firms at this time. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter