Drupal Developer **Drupal Experience Required**
Here's what we really want, someone who can code like it's their native tongue but still talk to our crew comfortably and sometimes even the odd client.
We consider ourselves a laid back bunch but driven to do well for our customers. We're looking for low egos and high skills. You can be young and inexperienced or a savvy veteran, what we're really looking for is your ability to code, which may be finely honed skill or raw talent at this point.
We aren't looking to stick you in a corner with headphones on and call you "the IT department". Developers own this joint; we get it. If you're desperate to break free from that office life where you co-workers have never even heard of Minecraft, and want to come on board to build kick-ass commerce sites, corporate gems, and the occasional game, keep reading.
What we are looking for
Perhaps you want to know a bit about the company you're applying for eh? (...yes, we're true Canadians). Acro Media specializes in Drupal solutions for limitless ecommerce and unrestricted development. We work with companies that have specific problems that they can't solve with standard "off-the-shelf" solutions. We provide custom development that allows our clients to adapt at the pace of their needs and become leaders in their market. We provide everything they need to plan, integrate and launch a successful online strategy.
Skills & Requirements
As the successful candidate, here are some things you'll be responsible for:
* ***Must have Drupal Experience and be able to provide example work***
* Producing high quality work adhering to Acro Media standards and following the Acro Media production process
* Implementing updates & revisions to web sites
* Contributing code back to the Drupal community, testing and responding to issues, maintaining modules.
* Working independently on multiple smaller tasks or larger builds with shifting priorities and tight deadlines
* Adhering to and providing accurate estimates for the amount of time required to repair a defect, a build, or to add additional functionality to an existing application
* Providing efficient solutions in a timely manner for work requests, issues, and defects
* Communicating well with Account Managers, Supervisors, and Clients in regards to work requests, problems and defects
* Acting as both a peer/mentor to other Developers as well as be comfortable asking for help from team members
The successful applicant will have:
* Ability to find and fix problems in code, this might not be your code and your only hint might be a cryptic complaint from a client.
* A good mix of web development skills, you should be able to build out site template and then code all the gears and pulleys behind the scenes as well, we try not to have people who do all HTML/CSS and people who do all backend coding, we like people who can multi-class. You're not going to work on the same thing for 8 months. If you only have experience on embedded systems or just design sexy layouts, maybe try to brush up on your weaker areas, we are open minded though so don't let this scare you away.
* Our designers use Photoshop, so when you're building out the templates, it's good to know how to navigate around this application. Basic knowledge of how layers work and the use of some the more important tools that are required for taking apart the design and deriving all the images for web-use is a plus.
* We're open to good programmers who know other languages and technologies and are will to learn, but below is a list of a bunch of stuff we normally work with:
>> Has Drupal work to send us
>> Bonus: C++/Objective C/C#/C
>> If you know other languages don't forget to mention them if you are a badass Lisp hacker type, mention that.
* Comfortable working in a Linux shell to do day-to-day tasks. Hopefully, you have installed Linux on something at least once, even if it was just your Xbox, phone...or vacuum etc. (For real, though, you can get Linux installed on a Roomba)
* Some understanding of Linux hosting if at all possible. Have you configured your own server? Did you setup a web server for your house or friends, even if no one else really cared?
* Prior experience with a source control system (ex, SVN, Git, GitHub, etc.)
* Formal education or prior experience is NOT required, we just want to know that you can code, so you'll have to have some work you can show us.
About Acro Media Inc.
Here are some things we pride ourselves on being able to offer our staff:
A relaxed atmosphere: If you like wearing a tie to work, that's cool, if you like not wearing a tie, that's cool too. If you demand that everyone dress exactly the same, then maybe this isn't for you.
Flex start times & earned days off: Do you prefer to start at 8:00? 9:00? We'll work with you. Want every second Friday off? Well we've got a program for that too!
7 hour work days with paid lunches: We have 7 hour work days (35 hour work weeks) with with a full hour paid lunch. Niiiiiice.
Paid Overtime for all roles...including salary positions: What? What?! Yep you heard right. We pay for all OT, in fact, we pay for all overtime right after our short 7 hour work day...not that we want everyone working so hard, but with the natural ebb and flow of our industry sometimes it's needed to blast out the OT in order to keep our heads above water. We find this little pay cheque nugget is a nice reward for the over timerz.
Open Source contributions: We're trying to be pretty active in the Drupal community, right now we look to donate about 2 full time staff worth of time directly to Drupal, mostly in the area of Drupal Commerce. This is on top of anything we do for our clients that can be contributed back. If you want to take a look-see, just checkout our Drupal.org profile: https://www.drupal.org/acro-media-inc
Boating, skiing/boarding, hiking, wining & dining, mountain biking and more:
Urban and rural; nature and culture; playtime and downtime: Kelowna isn't just one destination. It's a whole bunch of them, located in one uniquely beautiful place. Kelowna lies in the heart of British Columbia's Okanagan Valley, the largest city on Okanagan Lake.
Don't believe us, check out this suuuper cheesy video from Tourism Kelowna (https://youtu.be/cohNti8_SSo).
Free stuff: Juice, pop, and coffee; choose your pleasure and enjoy.
Weather: Umm.. hopefully it is really nice wherever you live? If it is nicer than ours, please just keep that to yourself and don't taunt us.
Events: If there are Drupal or Web Development events near you, we'll see what we can do to send you there! Often times remote employees are a lot closer to events that we are up here in the Canadian wilderness.
Slappies: Tougher to explain but once a month we get together and have a little ceremony, some food, a few brews - no altars or corporate chants involved. Remote employees may have to source their own beers, sorry!
Fun day: We aim to have fun every day; however, every year for a day we cram a bunch of fun on ourselves. Weee! If you work remotely we'll do our best to get you shipped up for this!
SPARC Events: Sometimes we have an in-house breakfast, team building events, (less corny than it sounds), competitions, or just a plain little reward for no reason. It's a little spark in our usually normal days. Sometimes people dress up in costumes, although if you're more of an all black, all the time person, that's aight, we'll maybe just get you a tasteful sticker.
Culture: We're a certain type of people. We're all a little different and unique in our own way but we seem to work well together. No one's perfect and we embrace that. We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. Check out our site to get to know us! Feel free to dissect what and how we do what we do. Bring your Star Wars nerdom along.
All careers come with a 30 day no-questions asked money-back-guarantee. If you are in any way unsatisfied with your career, we will return you to the workforce at absolutely NO COST to you (minus shipping and handling).
Below is some important stuff. These are some of the things you'd be doing and the skills you possess. If you're not an exact match, but what you see throughout entices you - do apply! You never know...
REMOTE *Note for remote candidates, training is a little harder with remote employees we find, so we'll probably be a bit more of a stickler on skill level and experience than we would be with an in-office employee.
* The first thing we ask for from potential hires is some of your work to review, don't worry if it isn't in a language we listed, we can review pretty much anything you send us. Our first choice is linking us to your open source work, do you have a GitHub or Drupal.org profile we can check out? That's our favourite! But work samples via attachment, dropbox, wetransfer etc are also acceptable.
* Also to note, the more you send in the better! Don't worry about sending in too much as it's much easier to see your coding style with more work as well as it up's your chance for an interview!
* We don't accept "Everything I've done is under an NDA", you must have something to show, a personal project or something!
* Put "Drupal Developer" in the subject line
* Include your salary expectations in your email
* Include links to your work, clearly define what work you did on the project
* Include 1-2 sentences telling us why you want to work at Acro Media
* Position can be remote OR in our office in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Send all your goods to the email address below. Please include "Drupal Developer" in the subject line.
We Have Great Benefits:
* Flexible start times, earned days off, paid OT, 7 hour days
* Kick Ass annual Fun Day, Halloween and Christmas celebrations
* Free stuff: coffee, tea, pop, and juice
* Paid vacation available immediately upon hire date
keywords: drupal job, drupal developer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter