There Media Group is seeking Freelance Blog and Social Media Content Contributor Located In San Diego to create compelling, informative and entertaining content for the categories 'Nightlife' 'Fashion & Style' & Art & culture" of our website.
The ideal candidate has a deep love for the culture and community of San Diego, and should be immersed in the San Diego scene that represents the category they are applying for.
You should also be very active on social media, enjoy creating the type of content that works to achieve high social sharing and engagement, and excited to put your point of view to work to share what is unique and special about San Diego.
If you're an energetic self-starter who is smart, fast, capable of hitting deadlines in a relatively chaotic environments (this is a startup that will be in full hustle mode!), this is the opportunity for you.
- Create relevant and engaging content that is a 'fit' for our brand and audience based on as assigned and pitched
- Work with Editor to generate ideas for new content topics
- Meet regular submission deadlines
- Provide media (e.g., original photography, sourced images, etc.) to accompany copy
- Must be currently based in San Diego/North County
- 3+ years experience writing, ideally with focus on local food, nightlife, concerts, etc
- Deep knowledge of San Diego's bar and club nightlife scenes
- Very active on social media
- Strong writing skills
- Deep personal enthusiasm for the best, newest, and coolest people, places, and things happening in the San Diego area
- Appreciation for the ThereSanDiego brand and voice
- Ability to meet regular deadlines while working independently
- Knowledge of and borderline obsessive interest in all mainstream and some emerging social channels: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat.
- A passion for all things San Diego.
- We are not nearly as concerned with your formal education as we are with your passion for social media, cultural fit, and desire to hustle as part of our newly developing media business.
There Media Group, LLC is a media company whose mission is to connect people to their community through social storytelling, helping them discover all of the great things happening in San Diego every day.
The big games, festivals, restaurant openings and concerts we all love...
...but also the neighborhood trivia nights, farmer's markets, trunk sales, beer tastings, surfing contests, and community movie nights that make up the core of what makes every day life here so darn good.
There Media Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: freelance, blog contributor, social media contributor www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter