Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 18 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We've evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that's fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
The Learning and Innovation Specialist is a key member of the Professional Development Team, responsible for working with clients to provide high-quality professional development that incorporates sound instructional best practices (pedagogy, andragogy, and heutagogy) around the Schoology platform. The ideal candidate would be passionate about teaching and learning, a self-directed learner, have a strong Personal Learning Network, high-energy, and articulate themselves well in front of a group of people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver high-energy, effective professional learning sessions to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Work directly with the Innovation and Learning Manager providing feedback and evaluating strengths as well as opportunities for improvement to current professional development offerings and programs.
- Stay abreast of educational best practices, emerging technologies, and innovative instructional ideas through participation in a virtual and physical Personal Learning Network (PLN).
- Design new professional learning offerings, documentation, and e-learning content.
- Manage and complete projects within a specified time frame.
- Facilitate client conversations around pedagogical practices and help clients develop effective professional development plans aligned to their internal goals and improvement plans.
- Serve as a resource for professional development team members in presentation development, pedagogical best practices, and innovative learning tools and strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Education required or equivalent relevant experience, Master's Degree in the area of Curriculum & Instruction or Instructional Technology is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a training, teaching, adult learning, or curriculum development.
- Knowledge of current instructional methods and national standards (ISTE and Learning Forward Standards) used in the design and development of curriculum and professional development offerings.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office and Google Docs.
- Highly organized with the ability to learn quickly and effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to work, adapt and thrive in a rapidly changing, high paced and collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to comprehend and communicate information precisely.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; highly motivated and flexible.
- Outstanding customer service skills and team player abilities.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to clients and having a positive attitude.
- Ability to travel for professional learning opportunities, client training, and staff events.
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in? Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: learning specialist, innovation specialist www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter