Couchsurfing is a global community of millions of members who believe that the world can be made better through travel. Through Couchsurfing, local hosts invite travelers into their homes to exchange culture, practice new languages, and make new friends.
We are looking for a remote, full-time Marketing Associate to join our small team (with the optional possibility of relocating to our SF office within 3-6 months). The ideal candidate has prior work experience (1-2 years), is passionate about travel, and is familiar with the basic tenants of growth marketing and community management.
- Great writing skills: You should be as comfortable writing a product spec for our engineering teams as crafting an article about a noteworthy community member.
- Social media know-how: You know the ins and outs of 1 or more social media platforms, and how to best utilize them as growth levers.
- Project management: the ideal candidates is comfortable not just with completing straightforward tasks, but identifying compelling business opportunities, and seeing projects through from prioritization and planning all the way to execution and measurement.
- Most important: the confidence to work well with little instruction, the ambition to take on big projects, and the eagerness to figure out things you don't yet know.
- Bonus points if you're familiar with Sketch and Excel (creating creative assets for projects like paid acquisition, creating basic forecasts to determine the potential value of a new initiative). Extra bonus points if you're familiar with any of the following: paid acquisition, SEO, HTML / CSS, A/B testing, conversion funnel optimization, content marketing, and more.
Your daily tasks could include:
- Researching influencers around the web and reaching out to them to write about Couchsurfing
- Creating creative assets for paid acquisition campaigns
- Proposing and building email campaigns to drive higher engagement with users
- Working with our mobile developers to craft copy and image assets that perform well in the Apple and Google Play stores
- Scouring the Internet and Youtube for amazing Couchsurfing stories to share in Facebook and Twitter posts
- Review community social media posts and escalate awesome stories for re-posting or a follow-up blog post IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: marketing job, marketing associate, full-time www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter