Note: Although this is a remote position, we are currently only seeking candidates in European timezones (between UTC-1 and UTC+2).
This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day workflow of all things legal throughout the entire company. You'll work independently of and in conjunction with Hotjar's outside attorneys to analyze and interpret applicable policies, procedures, contracts, intellectual property and other legal documents. You'll review, advise and update various legal documents and correspondence for our direct use and/or for the use of our team members and customers.
You'll also be the central point of contact for our contract administration where you'll manage various components of our contracts with our customers, vendors, partners and employees.
This position also involves negotiating the terms and conditions in contracts, analyzing and minimizing risk, ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions, documenting and agreeing on any changes or amendments, and drafting and executing contracts. Responsibilities may also include implementing systems and software to ensure accurate tracking and record-keeping in order to fulfil contractual obligations.
In this role you will:
- Manage/own contractual compliance of Hotjar's commitments to its customers and team members
- Facilitate the review of all legal documents (incoming contracts, NDAs, Data Processing Agreements, addendums, and vendor and partner agreements, etc.)
- Own compliance related projects including but not limited to:
- Labor and fair wage
- Audit Schedules (financial, security, contractual, etc.)
- Provide accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics
- Act as an internal champion on Data Protection
- A Maltese law degree
- Experience with Data Protection Legislation and standard contractual or business agreements for a Maltese company
- Candidates will be required to possess strong and proven negotiation skills
- Must be customer centric. This role will support external stakeholders (customers) and internal stakeholders (Hotjar Team Members), as well as work with our trusted legal partners
- Must be highly organized. You'll be dealing a wide variety of issues on a day to day. They'll range from seemingly trivial to mission critical. All must continuously be prioritized and acted upon appropriately.
- Must be mindful and cognizant of the varying timezones of our stakeholders
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently - accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keyword: legal counsel www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter