Our home is our largest purchase and most valuable asset, but it is also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is a radical new way to buy or sell a home quickly without risk, stress and uncertainty. We guarantee homeowners that we can sell their home in 6 weeks or less or we buy it for market price. We guarantee buyers that our homes are rock solid with our 200-point home-inspection, certification and extended warranty. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (acquired by Zillow for $2.5B), Knock is an online home selling platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way.
We're seeking a passionate Data Engineer to help us design and build our "big data" infrastructure, data aggregation and ingestion platform. This platform will power our proprietary pricing algorithm and data analysis. You will integrate data from various resources, and manage full data lifecycle (ETL). You will write complex queries on that data, making sure it is easily accessible, and works smoothly. Ultimately, you will be optimizing the performance of our company's big data ecosystem.
- Design, architect, build and maintain big data infrastructure and tools
- Ingest large amounts of data from numerous sources
- Develop complex queries to solve data mining problems
- Write reliable and efficient programs to handles a broad set of big data use cases, including log analysis, MLS data analysis, operational business metrics and machine learning.
- Collaborate with talented Data Scientists to implement predictive models
- Build optimized ETL jobs to power front-end applications
- Degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or similar fields
- 3+ years of software development experience under your belt and are comfortable learning new technologies and tools.
- Programming proficiency in at least 2 of the following - Go, Python, Nodejs, Scala
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Experience with AWS data products such RDS, Redshift, EMR
- Knowledge of of setting up and maintaining distributed processing frameworks such as Spark, MapReduce, Kinesis, ElasticSearch on AWS.
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborative and proactive personality
- Ability to work through ambiguity and deal with shifting priorities
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- Real estate markets and MLS (and tax) data
- Predictive modeling
- Scikit-Learn, R, TensorFlow, Pandas, NumPy
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives
- Competitive cash and equity compensation, full medical, dental, vision benefits, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time and are open to where you live and work.
We are a distributed company with employees in 9 different states, so location within the U.S. is not an issue as long as you have good experience with Slack and Trello. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a company that is poised to change how homes are sold and make an impact on one of the largest industries in the Unites States.
Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Knock are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: data engineer, full-time www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter