The Capitolist is a hybrid website and smartphone app for Floridians whose business is politics. The site publishes political and policy news, center-right political commentary, and analysis, and aggregates other news sources from around the state. The site is seeking a skilled writer / blogger with knowledge of Florida's state government and political scene, who can contribute factual and analytical content to the site on a daily basis and become a valued member of The Capitolist team.
- Cover breaking news as it happens
- Conduct interviews and write profile pieces
- Develop ideas and unique story angles
- Conduct research and investigations
- Draft and publish compelling content on the site on a daily basis
- Knowledge of Florida's state government, political scene, and legislative process
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work remotely at the Florida state capitol building, downtown at The Capitolist's office, and from home as needed
- Technical proficiency with social media, smartphones, cameras, and blogging software (or ability to learn how to use it)
- This position will be hired as a subcontractor.
- Salary and length of contract are negotiable.
- The writer will be expected to draft 5-10 articles per week for publication on the site
- Some equipment may be provided as needed
- Work related expenses reimbursed
- Some in-state travel may be required
Interested candidates should include a resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements and availability.
keywords: contract, blogger, freelance, political writer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter