Our goal at Videofruit is to help 10,000 students become successful per year.
People like Kelsey...
100 million people in the United States are doing work they are disengaged with. All of those people have kids, nieces and nephews who are watching them. And most of them will grow up to do the same thing: mindlessly wander through their days doing work they hate.
The problem with that is this...
Many of those kids are destined to grow up and become great leaders and solve great problems like curing cancer, fixing global warming and making the world a better place to live. But they won't. Instead they'll become accountants because that's what dad did.
What if that was different?
Instead of growing up watching the adults they look up to doing stuff they hate, what if they saw that there was a different way to do things. What if they saw them becoming programmers, writers, inventors and taking their ideas and turning them into things that help people? What gigantic problems could we solve then? How much better would your life and my life be?
This is why Videofruit exists.
We exist to help 10,000 people per year grow an email list to 1,000 subscribers and make their first $1,000. That = success.
This is an opportunity to be part of a brand new software engineering team at a self-funded, fast-growing startup. You will report to the VP of Product and be responsible for helping Videofruit meet its engineering goals.
Videofruit has a rapidly-growing email list of 110,000+ subscribers and a combination of educational and software products. To this point, all software development has been done via third-party contractors. In order to reach its 2017 goals, Videofruit needs to establish an internal software engineering team.
The right person for this position will have:
- Significant experience with and in-depth knowledge of developing Ruby on Rails software.
- A proven track record of shipping well-tested quality software meeting business needs.
- Ability to create modern, visually appealing user interfaces for web apps.
- A keen eye for enhancing application workflow and user experience.
- Ability to listen for intent, discerning true business needs from conversations.
- Strong empathy, communication and teamwork skills.
- A willingness to own creation and maintenance of proper architectural, business and code documentation of software assets.
- Full-time employee
- Full-time remote based anywhere in the continental U.S.
- Occasional travel, such as quarterly on-site meetings
- Ruby on Rails
- Project Management
- $60k - $90k
- Quarterly bonuses
- Health insurance
- Unlimited vacation (mandated 1-week/yr)
- Unlimited book allowance
- $100/mo. reimbursable personal / marriage counseling
- Healthy work-life balance (<40-hr/week) IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: full-time, software engineer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter