Part-Time Business/Marketing Analyst, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR POSITION
Upworthy is looking for a Contract Business/Marketing Analyst to assist our Data and Analytics team in shaping our data into great stories for clients, the media, and internal stakeholders. This is a part-time (20 hours per week), contract position.
Is This A Good Fit?
- Are you a multitalented analytics superstar who loves working with all kinds of data to solve real-world problems?
- Do you have experience in the publishing, media, or business world?
- Are you an expert at crafting compelling stories--for potential clients, for reporters, and for colleagues--using data?
If you answered "Yes" to the above, we'd like to talk to you! (If you've never thought about the most intuitive way to chart some data, answered real-world business questions with data-driven answers, or dealt with large amounts of data, this probably isn't right for you.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to communicate clearly, especially in writing (since we're a virtual office), is essential. You'll be presenting results to marketing executives, sales planners, and account strategists who don't just want a data dump, they want you to help them fit the data into a cohesive story.
- Experience doing data analytics for online publishing or media companies. You've used tools like Google Analytics, comScore, Facebook Insights, and Doubleclick for Publishers or have experience doing data analytics for a business or sales team that involves revenue or traffic modeling and strong storytelling skills.
- Expertise exploring and interpreting data using Excel, SQL, or Looker. (If you know and love a similar program/language that's not listed, you should definitely still apply.)
- Experience querying large datasets using some flavor of SQL (we use PostgreSQL and Redshift, but if you know one, you know them all).
- Experience with survey design and A/B testing. You know how to test research hypotheses and how to interpret the results.
- Comfort with basic statistics. You understand margins of error, representative sampling, and p-values, and, ideally, can explain them to statistics novices.
We're Deep Believers In Equal Opportunity
At Upworthy, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences and cultures that our employees contribute to our company is our greatest advantage, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace, where all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion and job status without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, or physical handicap. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: marketing analyst, business analyst www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter