The Back End Engineer assists with the creation and development of next generation web and mobile products that serve the deaf and hard of hearing community, utilizing Ruby on Rails, Docker, services, and other development frameworks such as Phoenix and Ember.js. The Back End Engineer participates in a collaborative and team-centered environment, is willing to learn and develop new skills, and shares an interest in developing products and services that benefit our organization and global community.
- Designs and develops web and applications utilizing Ruby on Rails framework
- Collaborates and brainstorms with development team on which technologies and approaches are best suited to address current needs
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Supports other Software Engineers by providing advice and assistance where needed
- Writes clean, maintainable code using the best engineering practices in the industry today (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.)
- Works in an Agile-based environment
- Self-motivated participation of project tasks
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Three years of professional experience in web application development
- Three years of professional experience in Ruby on Rails development
- Experience with operational support and production maintenance, including emphasis on security, performance and uptime
- Ability to effectively communicate in American Sign Language (preferred)
CSD offers a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. For a full list of benefits and perks, please visit the career page (http://www.c-s-d.org/careers/).
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer (http://www.csd.org/eeo.pdf) and drug free and tobacco free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: developer, back end developer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter