Dekeo, a new venture spun out of an ecommerce company, is creating a global online marketplace for customizable items such as T-shirts, tanks, sweaters, and jackets with logos or emblems. As the start up at growth stage disrupting a highly fragmented $20B decorative market, there's a huge number of technical challenges to be solved, exciting ideas to pursue, and value to build.
Are you driven to build problem-solving applications? Do you get energized by collaborating and learning alongside high-caliber team? Are you passionate and pragmatic about the craft of writing code? We seek an insanely curious and resourceful Front End Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. This team delivers the core functionality for our leading eCommerce site serving over a million customers and is committed to making each of those experiences as seamless as possible.
Your primary focus is to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Some of the responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. Ultimately, you should be able to create a functional and attractive website to navigate through.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Build and maintain critical features and functionality
- Design robust, scalable and secure features
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Coordinate with Product Managers and UX Designers
- Work closely with other teams and disciplines to come up with simple, elegant solutions that balances everyone's needs
- The ability to work well with others in pursuit of a collective and common goal
- Willing to set up others for success AND personally step up to achieve results
- BS in computer science and 2+ years of work experience
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages (ERB)
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors (SCSS)
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Proficiency in version controls (e.g. Git)
- Experience with JIRA
- Commitment to test driven development and demonstrated examples of how you've incorporated it into recent projects.
- Love to see open source work contributions.
- Competitive Compensation
- You'll be working from our LA "WeWork" office in Playa Vista or local based remote work. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: developer, front-end developer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter