Are you fascinated by unique seasonal holidays and cultural customs? Do you have a knack for knowing what others will find interesting, witty, and shareable? Can you turn ideas into high-quality prose in a matter of minutes, not hours? Are you a scrappy, ambitious self-starter who's eager to create content that converts?
If so, you could make a great Freelance Copywriter. We have an amazing opportunity for the right type of person to flex a more humorous style while still keeping the copy concise and easy-to-read.
As a contract copywriter, you'll be an important member of our creative team. You'll write content for National Today, one of our most exciting projects yet, creating original content that will reach and impact a global audience.
At National Today, we keep track of the special moments and quirky occasions on the cultural calendar and take a unique story-based approach to connect consumers with some of the most exciting brands around, including Budweiser, Milk-Bone, Mercedes-Benz, and Smuckers.
We're adding hundreds of fun and interesting holidays to our site, not only from the U.S. but from countries around the world. We delight in being sly, sarcastic, funny, and sweet (with a bit of an edgy wink to the audience) so that our audiences actually look forward to reading our site every morning.
Here are a few specific holiday write-ups that showcase our approach and what makes our writing fun:
National Drink Wine Day
National Pizza Day
National Spouses Day
- Brainstorm interesting and viral story angles for eclectic and interesting holidays
- Craft catchy and share-worthy web site and social media content
- Write guest blog posts and magazine articles on behalf of brands and team members
- Develop targeting strategy for key posts and content
This is a part-time, contract position. Work location is flexible.
Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise):
- 3+ years relevant work experience, preferably in a professional writing capacity
- An amazing sense of humor that is reflected in your writing
- Ability to write to specifications and graciously integrate feedback from various parties
- Knowledge of trending cultural topics, social media practices and a perpetually curious mind
- Ability to learn new technology and project management systems quickly and efficiently
- Writing samples that make us laugh, cry, applaud, or otherwise feel jealous that we didn't write them
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- A love of the quirky and creative
- Proactive and detail-oriented organizational skills
About National Today:
At National Today, every day has its day. We keep track of the special moments and quirky occasions on the cultural calendar and give you fun things to do that brighten up your day -- including special activities, discounts, deals, recipes, and other exciting ways to celebrate.
National Today is a platform created by PR Hacker, the world's fastest-growing PR, social, and digital agency. We take a unique story-based approach in our consumer site and app -- and work with many of the world's largest consumer brands. Learn more at www.nationaltoday.com.
About PR Hacker:
We're not a traditional PR firm. We've become the world's fastest-growing PR, social, and digital agency because of our unique story-based and data-driven approach. If you want the feel of a fast-growing startup with the creative intensity and global reach of a top agency, then you've come to the right place. Our headquarters are in San Francisco and we have additional satellite offices in New York City, Austin, and Portland (Oregon). Learn more at www.prhacker.com. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: contract, freelance, copywriter www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter