Start Date: Immediate
Role Type: Full-Time
Transcend is a national nonprofit that leads innovation in school design in close partnership with visionary school operators around the country. We focus on innovation in every aspect of the holistic design of schools -- from the aims of school, to students' experience, to the use of time, to the roles of educators and families and surrounding communities, to physical space, and much more -- to prepare all students for far greater success in the 21st century.
We do this in three ways:
1. We build and spread innovative school models in partnership with visionary school communities.
2. We build and deploy a diverse force of R&D talent, called the Yellow Hats League, to develop, codify and spread these new learning models.
3. We build and share actionable knowledge to inform the innovation process with evidence-based insights.
Transcend works with leading operators in the district, charter and independent school sectors. In our second year of operation, we are currently working on five R&D projects with 16 visionary school operators across the nation.
Check out Transcend's website to learn more (http://www.transcendeducation.org/)!
This is an exciting time for Transcend, and the Partner, Strategy, Development and External Relations will be instrumental in advancing the future trajectory of our organization. You will forge and manage relationships with investors, build Transcend's presence in the field, enable us to grow and engage a dynamite board, and spearhead our ongoing strategy development and progress monitoring. This is a fantastic opportunity for a sharp strategic thinker, superb writer, and flexible, experienced project manager who loves to learn and can't wait to contribute his/her talents towards building the future of education in this country.
This role reports directly to Transcend's Co-founder, Jeff Wetzler, and also works closely with Partner Emily Rummo, Co-founder Aylon Samouha, and many others across the Transcend team.
Who You Are:
You are a highly productive person who thrives on managing a diversity of projects, and deftly balances a command of details with clarity on larger strategic purpose. In one week you can whip up a clean and compelling powerpoint presentation (or prezi!) on our strategic direction, thoughtfully organize a way for the Transcend team to track and share goals, coach a graphic designer to imbue her work with our core brand attributes, and delight a funder by writing a comprehensive and inspiring grant report. You thrive on the opportunity to apply your versatile skills across a range of vital functions - all channeled towards advancing Transcend's mission. You believe deeply in the power of education to change lives, and can't wait to contribute to the movement of reinventing school in America.
Specific activities will vary week-to-week and will evolve dynamically as befits a thriving startup, but core responsibilities include:
* Partner closely with Transcend's Co-founders and team to shape, sharpen, track, and communicate our strategy and progress for a range of audiences
>>> Build and execute systems to enable effective strategy development and organizational planning
>>> Track and communicate Transcend's progress towards goals, to enable rapid learning and ongoing improvement
>>> Craft compelling materials to express our strategy, goals, and progress for a diversity of audiences
* Develop and execute the strategy to meet our ambitious funding targets - including all aspects of Transcend's fundraising strategy
>>> In partnership with Transcend leadership, develop, set, and manage to Transcend's philanthropic targets
>>> Scout and build our pipeline of supporters, including managing all moves management for institutional, individual, government, and corporate funders
>>> Write, organize, and edit superb collateral, proposals, and grant report narratives for all prospective and current funding sources
>>> Tightly manage all donor prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship activities - to meaningfully engage and delight our supporters
>>> Track all philanthropic resources and relationships, and partner closely with the finance team to ensure resources are aligned and properly managed
* Drive the creation and dissemination of Transcend's story and brand out in the world
>>> Lead and implement Transcend's ongoing external relations strategy, including our social media presence (website, blog, twitter, and more!), marketing, and PR strategy
>>> Spearhead and execute on our brand strategy - refining and championing our brand attributes, and continuously aligning our external and internal activities to telegraph them
>>> Generate and spur tweets, blog posts, and more - to bring Transcend's work to life in a way that meaningfully informs, connects, and inspires
>>> Work with designers (likely a set of contractors) to develop aligned collateral that powerfully represents and promotes the Transcend brand
* Support Co-founders in growing and engaging our board of directors (http://www.transcendeducation.org/about/#board), including:
>>> Steward relationships with all board members
>>> Design and create materials for board meetings
>>> Create and execute a strategy for sound governance, board evolution, and expansion
* Work with the Co-founders on special projects and new strategic initiatives
To Thrive in this Role, You Will:
* Have a deep and demonstrated passion for Transcend's mission and alignment with our core values (http://www.transcendeducation.org/about/#core-values)
* Bring strong analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative) - to build strategy, design and coordinate planning processes, and manipulate data in spreadsheets
* Be an exceptionally clear, persuasive, and efficient writer, who makes the complex simple and compels others - in prose, slides, and other creative methods
* Have a high capacity to get a lot done quickly -- independently managing multiple projects, creatively overcoming obstacles, tracking and meeting aggressive timelines with impeccable follow-through in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to achieve stellar results
* Be a flexible, enthusiastic teammate - who builds positive relationships, takes a service orientation to colleagues, readily stretches high and low, doing whatever it takes to get the job done in an environment of ambiguity, resource constraints, and rapid shifts that befit a scrappy, start-up
* Be hungry for feedback based on a personal commitment to excellence and constant learning - thrives on constant input, feedback from multiple sources, and fast-cycle iteration to arrive at the best possible product
* Have a career path that includes at least two years of outstanding performance at a fast-paced management consulting firm, or in a similarly rigorous and demanding environment that requires the above skills
Bonus qualifications -- one or more of:
* Experience in education or other nonprofit / social justice organization
* Experience with marketing, communications, websites, or social media
* Experience with fundraising and/or business development
Transcend is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: full-time, partner, strategy partner www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter