Start Date: Immediate
Role Type: Contractor with a Specialty in Executing & Managing R&D Cycles
Who We Are:
Transcend is a national nonprofit that leads innovation in school design in close partnership with visionary school operators around the country. We focus on innovation in every aspect of the holistic design of schools -- from the aims of school, to students' experience, to the use of time, to the roles of educators and families and surrounding communities, to physical space, and much more -- to prepare all students for far greater success in the 21st century.
We do this through:
* developing and replicating new school model designs, in close partnership with visionary school operators (in district, charter, and independent schools)
* building a diverse, cross-disciplinary force of talent for the sector, who can perform the deep R&D needed for school innovation
* building and sharing actionable knowledge for the sector on how to do school model innovation and change management
Our school partners are ambitious and brave. They are trying new approaches and are working diligently to understand when and how they make changes to, or scale their models. The R&D Specialist gets to be on the front lines of those decisions. After working on this, you'll be able to help the most complex systems refine their practices toward excellence.
Organizing & Leading Trials
* Collaborate with school design teams to develop a system and process for testing and iterating on school model components
* Refine and create tools to execute disciplined, yet rapid testing and iterating cycles
* Create and manage dashboards and other instruments for data collection, analysis, and synthesis
* Foster knowledge sharing and disseminate findings and lessons to maximize cross-pollination of ideas and practices
Coaching & Training
* Model how to execute research based strategies and/or interventions
* Build the capacity (through coaching, training, etc.) of the internal team and school design members to
>>> make meaning of their data and pivot accordingly
>>> execute research-based interventions and strategies
>>> develop metrics, collect and interpret data
Knowledge Codification & Cross Team Sharing
* Work with our project leads and learning agenda writers to refine core practices and store them in an accessible way
* Compile 'implementation plans' so that the team understands what worked and what didn't work during execution
Program Evaluation & Strategy
* Guide internal teams in setting strong metrics for program evaluation, collect and analyze data, and share synthesis
* Define program parameters, identify areas of improvement and success, and evaluate performance of improvements
* Provide leadership regarding effective evaluation models, methods, and systems
* Secure commitment from all stakeholders and mobilize other involved parties to participate in R&D cycles
* Maintain relationship with external R&D experts and periodically share our findings with them
Research & Writing
* Conduct research to help schools make stronger shifts, inform our learning agenda, and/or support Transcend publications
* Summarize our findings and progress in the form of compelling research briefs, blogs, etc.
Who You Are:
You are an insanely disciplined, hands-on person with a scientific mind. You resist the temptation to rely on your gut because you incessantly track projects, metrics and performance. You don't stop there, you find the least intrusive and quickest ways to test and iterate on ideas, you ask why (ad nauseum--until you understand causal relationships) and you only feel triumphant once you've found data-backed solutions that are actually implementable. You have built a sophisticated ability to share data in compelling ways, while helping others learn and make meaning so they can optimize programming--You make running R&D cycles feel like food tasting at a 5 star restaurant! You believe deeply in the power of education to change lives, and can't wait to contribute your analytical and evaluative expertise to help schools make radical changes to reinventing school in America.
To thrive in this role, you will:
* Bring a minimum of 5 years experience in program evaluation, utilization focused evaluation, improvement science, and/or in rigorously leading product testing in complex multi-system environments. Experience in education / schools preferred.
* Have exceptional qualitative and quantitative research skills, including driving the design, implementation, data analysis and communication aspects of an evaluation / improvement process.
* Have very persuasive and very clear written and verbal communication skills.
* Have extensive experience working with diverse populations in terms of race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status; bilingual (English/Spanish) /bicultural preferred.
* Masterfully manage multiple projects - multi tasking and prioritizing effectively.
* Have knowledge of secondary data sources relevant to public education and healthy children, youth, and families.
* Proficient in MS Office products and data analysis software.
Transcend is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Please prepare your resume (or digital equivalent) and a short description (1pg max) of how you helped a school (or other team/organization) execute a testing and iterating process. Be clear about what the process was, what you learned from execution, and what you would do differently to improve. Please also include an example of any corresponding tools that helped you do this work. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: research and development specialist, contract www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter