The Humane League, an international farmed animal advocacy organization, is seeking a tenacious, acute, self-motivated individual to work on our global Corporate Relations team. The primary focus of the position is to engage in dialogue and maintain relationships with some of the largest food companies in the world to advance protections for farmed animals. The position requires extensive research and travel. This position is within our Campaigns Department and reports to the Corporate Relations Manager.
Primary duties include:
- Working with major American food companies (as well as some international companies) to advance protections for farmed animals within their supply chains.
- Professional, daily communications with corporate executives.
- Traveling domestically and internationally to meet with companies.
- Extensive research into food companies and animal agriculture industries.
- Working cohesively with team members intra- and inter-departmentally to coordinate on campaign targets and actions.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Corporate Relations Manager.
- Tenacity: the defining trait of the Corporate Relations Specialist is the ability to display confidence and relentlessness, especially when faced with confrontational or particularly difficult situations and interactions.
- Acuity: a crucial, intangible skill necessary for this position is both quick and calculated thinking and decision making in both high-pressure situations and broader strategy discussions.
- Self-motivation: this is a highly independent position and candidates must be able and willing to take initiative in pursuing goals and setting their own schedule given only general directives.
- Cooperative: although this position is highly independent, the most successful candidates will be individuals who work cooperatively and collaboratively with team members, as well as other NGOs and stakeholders.
- Creative: in alignment with the ethos of The Humane League, our Campaigns Department is constantly seeking out new ways to maximize efficiency and effectiveness. We rely on creative and critical thinkers to generate new ideas to maximize the success of the team.
- Ability/willingness to travel: this position requires the ability to travel extensively, approximately one to two weeks out of each month.
- Professional: able to present our message professionally in both written and oral formats, e.g. emails, public presentations, and high-pressure meetings with corporate executives.
- Candidates with experience in organized, analytical research preferred.
- Candidates with a deep knowledge of farmed animal welfare issues preferred.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation time, room for advancement, and the supportive colleagues at The Humane League!
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: corporate relations specialist, full-time www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter