Location: Full-Time Telecommute
The Humane League (THL) is seeking a full-time Campus Program Director to provide strategic leadership and oversee day-to-day operations of the Campus Outreach Department, as well as supervise our team of Campus Outreach Directors in their leadership of student organizers around the country. This is a remote position with potential for travel.
About The Humane League's Campus Outreach Program
The purpose of the Campus Outreach Program is to recruit and train future leaders in the movement, as well as carry out THL's campaign objectives on campuses across the country. Student organizers are given the opportunity to be mentored by our experienced staff plus the tools they need to be successful in creating change on their campuses and in their communities.
The Campus Program Director, who reports to the Managing Director, is responsible for the following:
- Provide leadership training, support, and guidance to THL's Campus Outreach staff to develop their skills as leaders of student organizers
- Work with staff to develop and implement objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal-setting for all employees
- Recruit, hire and oversee training of all THL's Campus Outreach staff members
- Lead strategic planning initiatives to develop both the internal operations of the Campus Outreach Department, as well as the curriculum of the Campus Outreach program, in alignment with the goals of the organization
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Establish a strategy for recruiting and retaining student organizers at target universities
- Lead the creation and development of THL's annual student summer conference
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the program
- Provide day-to-day oversight of THL's Campus Outreach Program, including operational assistance and strategies for growth
We are seeking candidates who excel in leadership development, are results-oriented, and are skilled in team- and project-management. You should have:
- Demonstrated strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining employees and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance. This individual will serve as a "player/coach" to motivate and mentor the team
- A successful track record in setting priorities, shaping processes, guiding investment in people and systems, and developing an infrastructure that creates a stronger and more efficient program
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Knowledge of farm animal advocacy issues and prior experience in campus outreach are both pluses but are not requirements.
Starting salary for this position is $38,000 and dependent on experience.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation time, room for advancement, and the supportive colleagues at The Humane League!
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
TO APPLY: Please fill out the application questions below and upload a resume and cover letter. You may also provide a link or pdf of your LinkedIn page in place of a resume if desired. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: campus program director, full-time www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter