The Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) seeks a Sales Coordinator to support revenue generating activities, such as magazine advertising, national and regional event sponsorship, conference sponsorship, corporate sponsorship, and special projects. The position is excellent for someone with a consultative sales background who is experienced in lead generation, comfortable with cold calling, and has excellent interpersonal skills.
1. Prospect Research - Identify prospects from the legal, medical, and philanthropic communities for new and existing sponsorship and advertising opportunities ranging in price from $500 to $50,000 per year. Most research will be conducted via Internet, but some prospects may be identified through library visits, conference attendance, networking, or other mechanism.
2. Collateral & Proposal Development - Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of various communication materials that highlight the features and benefits of programs/products targeted for sale. Such materials would include flyers, media kits, website or social media ads/banners, and formal written proposals.
3. Outreach to Prospects - Strategize with supervisor (and CEO or board members, if appropriate) to determine who is the best person to outreach to a particular prospect. Facilitate outreach if to be performed by others or conduct the outreach directly, maintaining accurate and complete record of the communication in the assigned format (i.e., Excel spreadsheet or DonorPerfect Database).
4. Payment Tracking & Order Fulfillment - Coordinate and monitor invoicing, payment receipt, and sponsor/advertiser acknowledgement, including the collection of logos or artwork, appropriate placement on website or in publications, and inclusion in various internal reports, in accordance with promised timelines.
5. Performance Analysis & Improvement - Track individual and organizational performance against goals (e.g., dollars received, numbers of solicitations, etc.) and make recommendations for improvements.
6. Administrative Tasks - Maintain sales records and contact database (using Excel and DonorPerfect software); assist supervisor in developing and monitoring annual budget; submit written and oral reports as assigned; comply with operational and personnel policies (staff meetings, employee evaluations, time sheets, leave requests, etc.); support co-workers in brainstorming product development concepts; travel as needed (anticipate 1-2 trips per year).
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years relevant experience is required
- Superb research skills
- Superb communications skills
- Superb organizational skills
- Working knowledge of sales cycles and the sales process
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect is preferred
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS / SUCCESS INDICATORS
- Key metrics (to be identified and mutually agreed-upon) will continuously improve.
The position reports to BIAA's Sales Manager and is part of a 6-person team handling marketing, sales, fundraising, and communications for the nation's oldest and largest brain injury patient advocacy organization. Learn more about us at www.biausa.org.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, in PDF format to Susan Connors, BIAA President/CEO, via email at the address below. No phone calls and no recruiters, please.
Employment type: Full Time
Professional level: Professional
Salary range: 45,000 - 60,000
Benefits: We offer health, disability, life, and retirement plans plus 20 days flex leave and all fed holidays.
Education: No requirement
keywords: full time, sales coordinator www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter