Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you'll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years.
We are looking for a Technical Advisor to grow and support our rapidly expanding partner ecosystem.
Carbon Black's partner certification program enables reseller/channel partner consultants to guide and support their customers' implementations of Carbon Black products. The Partner Certification and Support Advisor is the primary point of contact between Carbon Black and its partners' consultants in this program. The Partner Certification and Support Advisor is a technical mentor during the training and certification process, provides knowledge resources post-certification, and provides ongoing support during partners' implementation of Carbon Black security platforms.
Why You Matter
The qualified candidate must have a strong understanding of security technologies as well as enterprise software deployment and support best practices. The candidate must also be comfortable in the roles of instructor, mentor, and technical support analyst. Candidates will assume a leadership role in partner/customer advocacy and escalation situations. A strong desire for partner, customer, and company success and a positive demeanor are essential to this job.
What You'll Do
The ideal candidate will have profile that includes experience in some or all of the following: enterprise software implementation, training, technical support, project management, and partner development.
- Qualify partner consultants for the program and track their advancement through to certification
- Consult with, and train, partners on the installation, configuration, and deployment of Carbon Black's software products
- Support partner in development of necessary skills and experience to support successful product implementations and to provide effective technical support for their customers
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering and support, QA, sales, other internal teams as well as to the partners and customers
- Perform escalation management activities, such as tracking, communication, weekly account health calls, reporting, and coordination of partner and customer meetings with Engineering and support
- Advocate on behalf of the partner to ensure product issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle
- Stay current with new product features and training materials that are published with each new product release.
- Support the development of training plans to further advance the partners' product knowledge and implementation expertise
- Contribute to the creation and revision of certification and learning materials.
- Contribute to documentation, knowledgebase article library, and customer forums
- Maintain professional/domain knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Model Carbon Black core values: Accountability, Creativity/Resourcefulness, Energy/Passion, Leadership, Integrity/Honesty, Smart/Critical Thinking, Teaming
What You'll Bring
- High level of proficiency in Windows workstation and server operating systems and supporting technologies (i.e. Active Directory, IIS, .Net, etc.)
- High level of familiarity with Mac and/or Linux operating systems
- Familiar with software deployment, installation, and configuration tools and techniques (e.g. SCCM, BigFix, Altiris, Casper, Yum, RPM)
- Comfortable interacting with systems at command-line level.
- Strong understanding of storage technologies and concepts (RAID, SAN, DAS, SAS, FC)
- High level of familiarity with TCP/IP and network security technologies
- Operational experience with MS SQL Server technologies
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise-class, agent-based, security software technology in a Windows and Mac, or Linux environment
- Understanding of IT and security policies and procedures, including change management
- Familiarity with ITIL
- Experienced with various security technologies including digital certificates/PKI, firewalls, proxies, log/event management systems, DLP, etc.
- Experienced with related technologies such as patch management, configuration management, auditing/compliance, forensics or IR tools.
- Familiarity with malware and cyber-attack patterns and techniques
- Excellent problem solving, analysis and debugging skills
- Familiarity with batch/script programming; Python and other programming experience a plusAbility to work independently or in a cross functional team (may include Support, Engineering, Product Management, Professional Services, and Sales)
- Ability to build trust and credibility with partners and consultants
- Ability to manage multiple engagements, projects, tasks, and responsibilities
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical solutions and recommendations
- Strong communication, presentation, facilitation, and writing skills
- Experience developing and delivering technical training material
- Experience supporting service providers, reseller/channel partners, or external consultants
- Experience providing technical support for complex products or systems
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Management, related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of related experience
- Industry Certifications such as CISM, MCSE, or CISSP a strong plus
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black's Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, "Streaming Prevention," to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks. Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: partner certification advisor www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter