Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you'll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology. Our valued employees across the world have made Carbon Black a Top Place to Work, as named by the Boston Globe for three consecutive years
The Carbon Black Threat Research team is on the forefront of the changing cybersecurity landscape. From performing in depth research and providing security expertise, to architecting solutions and improving Carbon Black's products, you'll be involved in some of the most exciting projects in this industry. Working closely with other groups throughout the organization, you'll be exposed to and be building some of the newest security technology and concepts in the world. Get more insight on the team here: Carbon Black Threat Team (https://lifeatcb.carbonblack.com/blog/2016/08/03/join-threat-team/)
Why You Matter
Carbon Black continues to invest significantly in Threat Research, and is looking for the right leader to expand its Threat Research capabilities. We're looking for a Senior Manager, Threat Research. The Carbon Black Threat Research Team takes advantage of the unique data set available via endpoint telemetry, combined with first-party threat research and third-party partnerships. We ensure our products detect and block the most current and evolving attacks on behalf of Carbon Black's customers. You will leverage this capability, scale the function and the team and continue to build capabilities that enable our Collective Defense Strategy for the Security community.
The Carbon Black Threat Research Team team consists of two primary functions:
- Threat research - deep dive. Threat researchers dive into specific pieces of malware, performing dynamic analysis, reversal, and other in-depth analysis, and generate actionable threat intelligence.
- Tool Development. The team designs and develops the tooling that enables them to perform their research efficiently. They work closely with the Threat Engineering and Product Engineering teams to ensure that the team's work flows efficiently into the product suite.
What You'll Do
This role is part of the Product Engineering team at Carbon Black. Beyond the immediate team, you'll collaborate closely with product management, sales, marketing, and senior management.
- Build and manage the geographically (North America) distributed threat research team. The team is a mix of malware researchers, threat analysts, and engineers
- Manage personnel (i.e. hiring, performance management, career development, mentoring) in a high growth technology company
- "Clear the trail" for the team to charge forward
- Plan and prioritize projects under a dynamic, flexible and changing set of requirements
- Deliver product (both software deliverables and intelligence) on time, under an aggressive and demanding schedule
- Maintain alignment and good communications with the group's many stakeholders.
- Foster a collaborative work environment across other software development teams
- Demonstrate the "Respect, Responsibility and Results" philosophy of the Carbon Black engineering team.
What You'll Bring
- BS. in Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience managing a virtual/geographically distributed engineering team
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) fundamentals, in particular, agile and other user-driven design and rapid, iterative release approaches
- Backlog prioritization and workflow management experience
- Familiarity with threat research, malware analysis, intelligence classification,. Thrive in a fast-paced, results oriented environment
- Track record of delivering on schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, working well with Program and Product managers
- Able to work independently, make decisions quickly and own the development and release processes of the products
- Experience designing, deploying and using big data systems preferred
- Experience working with cloud-based data services preferred
- Knowledge of offensive and defensive cyber-security concepts and tactics, secure software development, incident response and/or computer forensics preferred.
- Willingness to "put the team first" - nimbly filling holes in the team as needs arise
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black's Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, "Streaming Prevention," to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 7 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 2,500 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks. Carbon Black is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: senior manager, threat research senior manager www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter