GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!
The User Experience (UX) Lead reports to the VP of Engineering, and UX Designers report to the UX Lead.
- Sets overall direction of UX from both a design and application experience view
- Identify shortcomings of GitLab UX from a holistic view (e.g. users attempting to import repos)
- Identify improvements for UX design (e.g. look and feel, color, spacing, etc.)
- Work with UX researchers to prioritize quantifiable and actionable feedback through videos and other tools
- Work with product leads on new UX designs/screenshots
- Improve scheduling process to balance necessary UX improvements
- Interviews applicants for UX Designer
- Works with all functional teams (e.g. Backend, Frontend, Build, etc.) to improve overall UX
- Reviews material made by UX designers
- Ensures that the technical decisions and processes set by the CTO are followed
- Does 1:1's with all reports regularly (e.g. every week or two)
- Is available for 1:1's on demand of the report
- Ensures quality implementation of design materials
- Delivers input on promotions, function changes, demotions, and firings in consultation with the VP of Engineering and Frontend Lead
Requirements for Applicants
- A minimum of 3+ years experience as a design lead, product lead, or design manager
- Solid visual awareness with understanding of basic design principles like typography, layout, composition, and color theory
- Proficiency with pre-visualization software (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience defining the high-level strategy (the why) and creating design deliverables (the how) based on research.
- Passion for creating visually pleasing and intuitive user experiences.
- Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: ux lead, ux designer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter