Value--easy to describe with broad generalities but terribly difficult to quantify with hard measurements. And that is the task that Box Value Engineering (BVE) has taken on. Our team seeks to help its customers and prospects understand, measure, and ultimately optimize their Box investment.
Much like Box is redefining how people work together, Box Value Engineering seeks to transform how value is measured. We do not rely on conventional approaches from traditional vendors. We pursue a new, agile, disciplined path to support a cloud-first world. In its first year of operation, BVE established the foundations that have been enthusiastically embraced by our stakeholders. This year, we intend to 10X things.
It's an irreverent team. It's a demanding environment. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity to stretch and learn and shape your growth.
The Value Engineer Role
Box is looking for Value Engineers across regions to collaborate with our prospects and customers to develop business cases derived from a value-based methodology. In this role you will work cross-functionally with account execs, sales engineering, customer success, consulting, and marketing to establish a shared vision with our customers and help them achieve their strategic goals.
You will play a critical role in the development of both quantitative and qualitative analyses. The successful candidate must possess an inquisitive, disciplined mind, be able to hold in-depth value oriented conversations with CXOs, enterprise architects, and line-of-business users. Most important is a firm understanding of the impact that digital transformation has on an organization. Previous value engineering experience is not required.
Skills and qualities for success
- The ability to build financial models in Excel is required
- Strong active listening skills
- Confidence--based on rigorous preparation and forethought.
- A high degree of curiosity with particular emphasis in discovering the interrelationship of business systems
- An innovative mindset that is attuned to a digital business landscape
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Proactively engage target accounts and respective account teams with value engineering methodology
- Assist in conducting value analyses for Box prospects & customers. This includes the creation of analytical models as well as written reports to convey the findings.
- Assist in the production and delivery of executive level presentations in the field
- Represent the value engineering practice during EICs through presentations to C-Level audiences
- Enable the sales organization & supporting teams on the value engineering service offering and tools
- Assist cross-functional teams in a series of customer interviews and workshops as a component of value assessments
- Collect and measure key industry metrics to establish trends and benchmarking
- 5+ years' experience in Value Engineering, Management Consulting, Professional Services, or Sales Engineering
- Financial modeling proficiency - strong Excel skills
- Domain expertise in Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and/or IT infrastructure and/or digital transformation. Experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) is a plus.
- Comfortable presenting in front of C-Level audiences
- Must understand technologies and processes used by enterprise IT organizations
- Must understand how information, content, and documents flow across an organization in the context of a business process
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keyword: value engineer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter