Consultant Opportunity: Database Consultant
Bend the Arc is building the power and passion of the progressive Jewish movement in America by bringing together Jews from across the country to advocate and organize for a more just and equal society. We are the only national Jewish organization that is focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S. TheBend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates who share our vision for a more just and equal society. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with established or emerging presence in a dozen cities nationwide.
Scope of Work
Bend the Arc is seeking a consultant to manage Bend the Arc's Raiser's Edge database for the Development department. The Development department is responsible for revenue generation for Bend the Arc's family of organizations: Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC. The consultant is responsible for data structure; data retrieval; report customization and analysis; policies and procedures; security; and data integrity.
The consultant's key responsibilities will be to:
- Produce mailing lists, data queries, exports and reports as requested for development and program purposes
- Prepare monthly and quarterly revenue reports for the Director of Development
- Follow and maintain best practices and procedures manual around data management, data integrity and security
- Train new staff members in the database as needed
- Provide ongoing support to staff in contact management, income and event tracking
- Ensure current optimal utilization of Raiser's Edge capabilities to maintain contact records appropriately and effectively
- Perform periodic data enhancement and import projects and research new sources for data enrichment, and advise staff on these processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in database management, specifically with Raiser's Edge fundraising software (version 7.96 or higher)
- Experience with establishing best practices and training others on proper use of Raiser's Edge
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and using discretion
- Passion for social justice a plus
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, embedded formulas, conditional formulas, etc.)
- Ability to work remotely and with their own IT equipment
- For local applicants, ability to periodically travel to our NYC office (once or twice a month)
Anticipated Term and Time Commitment
The weekly time commitment for this project is anticipated to be 10 to 15 hours per week. The term is anticipated to be either until the project is concluded or in the event the project is no longer deemed necessary, as determined by Bend the Arc, or within 6 months of the contract start date, which both parties may agree to renew.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume, three references, and a cover letter to the email address below with "Database Consultant" in the subject line of your message. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the consultancy will be contacted.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment for all positions and job classifications, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This consultancy description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the work. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the contracted work. Consultant will need to enter into a contract with Bend the Arc outlining details of the scope of work, timeline, deliverables and payment.
Employment type: Part Time, Contract
Professional level: Professional
Education: No requirement
keywords: part time, contract, database consultant www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter