Hospital based sales position focused on launching and selling novel compounds in the hospital setting. Position requires successful navigation of the hospital formulary process as well as gaining appropriate utilization of company products across a broad spectrum of customers. The position requires developing and implementing strategies for introducing new products and growing the business in assigned accounts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed all established territory sales plan and expense plan goals and objectives, by developing and implementing strategies specific to the assigned territory.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with targeted opinion leaders and hospitals, including physicians, medical staff, pharmacies, etc.
- Discover who the decision-makers and key contacts are in a hospital account, and establish and maintain professional relationships.
- Maintain an updated working knowledge of Theravance Biopharma products and relevant disease states.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure products are on hospital formulary.
- Maintain and provide periodic written and/or verbal communication as required by supervisor or home office
- Effectively plan work days and sales calls to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement special programs within territory to maximize sales opportunities, i.e. speakers bureau programs, symposia, etc.
- Develop and/or maintain permanent customer records.
- Complete assigned administrative tasks in a timely, accurate, legible, and organized manner.
- Communicate a current, effective, and accurate sales presentation to customers.
- Present a professional sales image in all business matters.
- Maintain and operate assigned sales territory within established sales and/or corporate policies, procedures, and standards.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulations and Pharma guidelines.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Infectious Disease experience a MUST!
- 2+ years of recent hospital sales experience in the assigned territory/accounts. (Experience with hospital formularies, broad surgery and anesthesia relationships strongly preferred.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, self-motivated with a sense of urgency, well-organized, strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to establish and build relationships and rapport with a diverse customer base.
- Strong ability to learn and use technical product knowledge.
- A valid motor vehicle operator's license. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: account manager, institutional account manager www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter