Want to work remotely as a full time developer for a company that has been writing software for 35 years but is also using the latest technologies? We are currently looking to add a remote back end web developer to our team rewriting our existing software products from scratch. You will work on the team which is responsible for developing the entire application stack. You will need to collaborate with other team members to solve problems and design systems that meet the specified requirements.
This application is being written with an AngularJS front end and a microservice based back end that relies on SQL and NoSQL databases such as HBase. Currently most services are written in C# but we are open to writing new services in languages such as Java, Scala or NodeJS if those are the best tools for the job. The application is being developed incrementally using an agile process allowing us to provide new features to our existing customers. We are already storing and over a billion sales transactions that our customers can then analyze for trends and suspicious cashier behavior!
The existing legacy application is used by thousands of users simultaneously and helps them better manage the daily operations of their businesses. The rewritten multi-tenant application will continue meeting those requirements by running in a scalable, distributed online environment.
The Software Application Developer's responsibilities will range from designing, developing, writing automated tests, debugging and maintaining applications with other members of the team.
- Work with a team that includes front end developers, back end developers, QA and documentation
- Work remotely using VOIP and group chat to communicate with other team members
- Help design and implement a high quality software architecture
- Design and implement new REST/JSON based APIs for services
- Design schemas for data persistence
- Write automated tests for your code
- Work with QA to find and fix problems and performance issues
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or professional experience
- Experience writing C#
- Experience writing scalable RESTful microservices
- Basic understanding of Domain Driven Design
- Passionate about software development and learning
- Self motivated
- Good communication skills
About SSCS, Inc.
SSCS has been a leader in the field of retail petroleum automation since 1981, developing technology solutions for convenience stores, gas stations, and automotive repair facilities. Our steady growth and stability combined with our commitment to improve products and services make us a great place to build a career, which is why our team members stay with us for the long term.
We recognize employees as our most valuable assets. We offer competitive salaries, benefits packages and great career growth. As an employee, you may qualify for:
- Up to 24 days of paid time off per year
- Medical benefits
We Have Great Benefits:
* Competitive Salary
* Medical benefits
* Up to 24 days of paid time off per year IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: software engineer, senior software engineer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter