Customer.io's mission is to help businesses communicate with their customers like human beings, through relevance and context.
Customer.io is a behavioral messaging platform that empowers internet businesses to send tailored email (and other types of messages), based on what users are (or aren't) doing in their product, at scale.
We're looking for a new Ami to join the Marketing Team and own the visual design of Customer.io's public-facing experience (outside of the product). We'd love our marketing design to exemplify this people-centric mission and amplify our product's voice!
You have a mix of design and frontend skills that enable you to take projects from concept to execution. By creating a standout visual identity that brings our brand to life --on the web and across channels-- you'll put Customer.io's best face forward.
You'll be responsible for:
- Owning the design (from concept to implementation) of our marketing web properties, including the blogs and knowledge base
- Owning Customer.io's visual brand, including our company mascot Ami
- Developing custom landing pages and other web projects for marketing and growth initiatives
- Creating assets for the Customer.io marketing universe: brand materials like ad campaigns, blog images, ebooks, infographics, and sales collateral
- Designing event swag!
- Building processes and managing design libraries and guidelines to enable design work to scale and allow the wider team to self-serve
- Collaborating with the product team, to ensure that our brand is always consistent (but opinionated)!
You'll be working primarily with:
- Janet Choi, who runs content and product marketing, but doesn't like to run
- Bill Mikisch, our head of demand gen, who drums up attention
- Julie Beynon, our marketing data & ops analyst who measures all the funnels
- Ivana McConnell, our UI/UX designer, who will be your bff on the product team
What you can expect to dig into after starting:
- Plan and start executing on a new design for the marketing website
- Create landing pages for ebooks, webinars, and email courses
- Redesign our knowledge base home page
- Incorporate a product explainer video into our marketing site
Here are some examples of our past design work to check out:
- Marketing site, including the careers page!
- Our mascot Ami & Amiverse
- Custom image for blog post
- Landing pages
- Tumblr blog design
- Socks, t-shirt
You'll be effective if you:
- have solid experience as a designer, with a track record of taking design and brand ideas from concept to completion -- and you can demonstrate it!
- have experience with illustration (or working with illustrators) and creating physical assets (or the drive to learn quickly, as needed)
- aim to design with opinion and intention to drive meaningful engagement: take stands, tell stories, express personality, be helpful. You don't have to be a marketing expert but you have curiosity and interest improving engagement and mastering what it means to steward and develop a brand.
- balance scrappiness and thoughtfulness. You're enterprising, resourceful, and self-directed when it comes to solving problems, executing on design goals, and experimenting. But you also value the craft of design and creating experiences that put people first.
- enjoy fast-paced creative processes that involves collaborating across teams, big-picture brainstorming, incorporating feedback (from the team, users, data) to inform and iterate on your work
- communicate well. Clear, effective, and proactive communication, especially written communication, is vital to be successful in a distributed team. You strive to be articulate and empathetic in your interactions and believe in "working out loud" to share work early and helpfully.
Bonus! Not a requirement, but shout about it if you have experience with...
- animation, email template design, A/B testing design optimization
- Sass (or other CSS preprocessor) and some web templating language (handlebars, slim, ERb); Middleman or similar static site generator
Your success will be measured by your contributions to achieving the marketing team's goals related to building:
- brand awareness
- audience growth and engagement
- effective systems and infrastructure to help us work smart
Why should you work with Customer.io?
Work at our head office in Portland, OR or anywhere in the world you want. We want to enable you to do your best work, and this is how we aim to do that--
Competitive salary - We're offering $75,000 - $90,000 USD for this position in the company depending on experience.
Equity - You'll own a piece of the company. It's not a get-rich-quick deal, but if you stay around for a while, we're planning to be a long-lasting company and your piece of it may be a nice bonus.
Big Impact - Our team is small, but growing quickly. The work you do will materially impact how successful we are as a company.
Great Tools - Everyone in the company has a budget for a computer, a motorized standing desk, Steelcase Leap office chair, external monitor, and anything else you'd like to get your job done.
Health Benefits - We pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental and vision (and your depedents' too!).
Retreats - We get our whole company together once a year. We've had retreats in Barcelona, Romania, and Hunter Mountain, NY.
Vacation - Rest and recuperation is important. We offer unlimited paid time off with a 2-week minimum per year.
At Customer.io, we're committed to building a diverse environment, and encourage minority applicants. So far, we have team members in France, Germany, Canada, and all over the US. Our CEO and CTO grew up in Singapore and Arkansas respectively, but met in New York City. Our company culture is always evolving; people from different backgrounds bring valued perspective and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we foster.
Customer.io provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Customer.io complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Basically, we follow the law, but also like you for who you are!
Come Join Us!
Apply below with your resume, and make sure you tell us why you're interested in the position! We've added a few questions that will also help us understand how you think. Psst! We'd also love to see that you know something about Customer.io, and uphold our mission by communicating with us as a person talking to other people. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: marketing designer, frontend developer www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter