Hello, future addition to Customer.io! We're looking forward to getting to know you better, but you probably want to know what you're getting yourself into. You can check out our careers page (https://customer.io/careers), or read on.
Customer.io is looking for a technically savvy person to help prospective customers get up and running in the product. You'll be joining our team of 25. We're a geo-distributed company working across 6 different time zones. You can be wherever you want to be in the USA (including our office in Portland, OR).
At Customer.io, our mission is helping businesses talk like people. Today, we do this with messaging software that allows businesses with large user-bases to send targeted, more relevant communication at scale. Our customers include Shutterstock, DigitalOcean, Handy, and Watsi.
A day in the life of an Onboarding Specialist
Day to day, you'll be working with Justin and Jesse from our customer-facing team. You will drive conversations with potential and newly converted customers, to clearly understand how Customer.io can assist them in achieving their goals, and providing expert guidance in helping them get started with the necessary steps needed to be successful. You'll shine at being empathetic in all conversations, and clearly articulate Customer.io's value proposition to new signups. You can think of this role as an expert advisor or concierge to help people become initially successful in the product. This is a role on our sales team. You must be comfortable and experienced working with and talking to engineers, product teams, marketers, and C-level executives. Your goals are to understand the needs of each customer (determine their fit for Customer.io), help them find the shortest path to success, and to turn them into a long-term paid customer.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Having initial conversations to understand if we are going to be a good fit for each other.
- Being the point of contact for prospective customers as they are trying out our service making sure they get all their questions answered.
- Gathering information about a prospective customer's product, making a recommendation on how to integrate, and offering tips and information on what messages to send.
- Performing instructional demos of the software to show people how to accomplish their specific tasks.
On a given day, you might end up teaching marketers about running A/B tests and creating rules for sending emails. You might also end up advising developers on how best to structure the data they are sending in to Customer.io. Then you could finish off by demoing the product and talking about how someone can best get value out of what Customer.io provides.
Ultimately the goal of this job is to help more people become happy, paying customers of the service.
- You've been working in the tech industry and around tech for 3+ years.
- You can think logically and analytically. Customer.io is all about rules and you need to be able to understand and define them!
- You're empathetic and can relate to other people and their challenges.
- If you see something that is broken, you'll fix it rather than assuming someone else will.
- You can communicate complex ideas simply.
- You get joy from helping other people be successful.
- You are comfortable negotiating with executives.
- You have ample experience and are comfortable talking on the phone with a variety of roles, e.g. engineers, marketers, c-level executives
- You're well organized and don't get overwhelmed when you are juggling a lot of things.
- When you believe in a product, you can convince other people to buy it too.
Why should you work with Customer.io?
We want to enable you to do your best work, and this is how we aim to do that--
Compensation: $60,000 USD per year
Equity: You'll own a piece of the company. It's not a get-rich-quick deal, but if you stay around for a while, we're planning to be a long-lasting company, and your piece of it may be a nice bonus.
Big impact: Our team is small, but growing quickly. The work you do will materially impact how successful we are as a company, both with our product and our culture.
Great tools: Everyone in the company has a budget for a great computer, motorized standing desk, Steelcase Leap office chair, external monitor, and anything else you'd like to get your job done.
Health benefits: We pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental and vision.
Retreats: We want everyone in our company to connect in person whenever possible, so we get everyone together once a year. We've had retreats in Barcelona, Romania, and Hunter Mountain, NY.
Vacation: Rest and recuperation are important. We offer unlimited paid time off with a two week minimum per year.
Diversity at Customer.io
At Customer.io, we're committed to building a diverse environment, and encourage minority applicants. So far, we have team members in Scotland, Germany, Canada, and all over the US. Our CEO and CTO grew up in Singapore and Arkansas respectively, but met in New York City. Our company culture is always evolving; people from different backgrounds bring valued perspective and thoughtfulness to the work that we do and the culture we foster.
Customer.io provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Customer.io complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Basically, we follow the law, but also like you for who you are!
Intrigued? Talk to us!
Apply below with your resume, and make sure you tell us why you're interested in the position! We've added a few questions that will also help us understand how you think. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keyword: onboarding specialist www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter