Web Designer & Accessibility Lead
Every American should have the ability to use government services online. As an accessibility focused web designer, you should have a deep knowledge and passion for web accessibility, and the experience and skills to help everyone on our team focus on accessibility.
We are looking for designers with experience in creating elegant, robust, and accessible user experiences that are accessible to all. Working with our government partners, You'll design easy to use web-based applications and services that deliver on business and policy requirements, and impact the lives of millions of Americans.
- Experience designing consumer-facing web applications and services through wireframes, HTML prototypes and other design artifacts.
- Able to quickly implement prototype design concepts in HTML and CSS.
- Deep understanding of Section 508 guidelines and industry best practices to ensure our applications meet Section 508 A, AA (and AAA wherever possible), and WCAG 2.0 A and AA standards.
- Experience testing / QA with Web accessibility tools to ensure the highest possible levels of compliance.
- Working understanding of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Experience with screen readers, including JAWS.
- Experience with accessibility tools such as VoiceOver, Chrome / VOX, WebAIM, DeQue WorldSpace or Axe.
- Familiarity with front-end tooling like postcss and SASS.
- Experience designing consumer-facing applications and services.
- Experience implementing user-centered-design practices in an agile software environment.
- Experience filing accessibility user stories / bugs in project management tools such as JIRA, Pivotal Tracker or GitHub issues.
- Experience building empathy and advocating for accessibility priorities on diverse teams.
- Experience using ARIA to ensure accessibility applications built in frameworks such as React and Angular.
Nice to have
- Experience designing with Sketch or Illustrator.
- Experience participating in usability testing sessions.
- Experience with responsive front-end frameworks including Foundation and Bootstrap.
Company-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance for the employee
Vanguard 401K plan
20 days of PTO
Continuing education benefits
Annual conference attendance benefit IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: web designer, web design job www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter