A creative writer excited to create awesome language content for the Duolingo Bots.
Duolingo is looking for an internet and social-media savvy writer to create conversational content in English that our Duolingo Bots (http://bots.duolingo.com/) users will love to interact with and will become addicted to and want to share. Read more about Duolingo Bots here: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/oct/06/duolingo-chatbots-learning-language !
- Create funny and interesting language content in English for our Duolingo Bots about various themes such as food, travel, beauty, home decor and lifestyle, and targeted toward an audience of English, Spanish, French, German and Portuguese learners.
- Write stories and conversations, in Duolingo's global style and tone.
- Come up with content ideas that are effective for learning and sharing.
- Brainstorm with/provide feedback and editorial support to other writers on the team.
- Track social media trends across platforms, and find ideas to make your content go viral.
- Tons of ideas and a good sense of humor.
- Addiction to internet, EdTech and social media.
- A Bachelor's Degree in the liberal arts or equivalent.
- At least three year's experience in storytelling, online language curriculum creation, lifestyle-related magazine writing, blogging, social media, or similar experience.
- Proven understanding of the kinds of content that creates engagement online, and ability to articulate those qualities.
- Strong interest in language education and lifestyle-related themes and topics.
- Must have a native or near-native English fluency.
Exceptional Candidates will have:
- 5 year's experience in storytelling, online language curriculum creation, lifestyle-related magazine writing, blogging, social media, or similar experience.
- Will have written screenplays for television/films, podcasts, and/or children books.
- Fluency in another language (Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French or German would be great).
Duolingo is the world's largest online language learning service, with over 150 million members. Our apps were selected by Apple as "iPhone App of the Year", and by Google as "Best of the Best for Android," 2 years in a row. TechCrunch selected Duolingo as the Best Educational Startup in their annual awards. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience, meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University's School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA. We hire ambitious people from various technical backgrounds who enjoy solving some of the world's most fascinating technological problems and improving education levels on a global scale.
In the last three years, Duolingo has received US$83 million of funding from some of the premier venture capital firms in the country, including Union Square Ventures (investors of Twitter, Kickstarter, Foursquare, Tumblr), New Enterprise Associates (investors of Vonage, Silicon Graphics, Box), Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers (investors of Google, Amazon, Electronic Arts, America Online, Compaq, Sun), and Google Capital. IMPORTANT!
Apply via this link only:
keywords: freelance, freelance writer, full-time www.genuinejobs.com
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter