15 Tips to be Efficient in Working From Home Jobs
The flexibility offered by working from home jobs have been attracting a lot of people in the recent years to look forward for work from home opportunities. After you successfully overcome the challenge to find legitimate work from home, the next step is to stay motivated and work with passion without being affected by lethargic inclination. Following are a list of few simple tips to keep yourself motivated and focused while you work from home. Those tips should help you in searching appropriate job on search engine like http://www.genuinejobs.com/.
- Identify them to be done for a day: Prepare a list of contents of the work to be done for that particular day. Make a plan to how to complete the work on time. Try to not get interrupted by other things put up your focus completely on the work to be done.
- Available cloud storage: It is necessary to upload your important documents or files on cloud services such as Google drive. This helps you to log in from anywhere and retrieve your files.
- Dressing Well: It is important to dress up in the same regular routine. Which makes your home office more real as your regular office and adds a tint of professionalism, even though you are browsing the web sitting on the sofa in your home?
- Communication: Do not stop communicating with your peers until lunch time. Lunch time is the best time to communication with each other.
- Get out of house for a while: Do not work continuously for hours together get out of house for coffee shops etc just for refreshment purpose.
- Put up notifications for your family members: Put some notifications on your office door such as tape colored papers such as red color paper when you cannot be disturbed and the green color paper when it’s OK to come in, Yellow color paper which means to check first. These color papers are understandable and enjoyable especially by the kids.
- Create a convenient and comfortable office: Invest money to create a comfortable office which makes you to feel working in your real office. Make sure that it is flexible and convenient.
- Fix your work hours: Put up your work timings on your office door. This avoids interruptions.
- Pretend that you are not in home: Do not attend phone calls in your home. Pretend that you are out during business hours while doing your work.
- Do not attend non work meetings during business hours: This may waste your valuable time and the work assigned for that particular day may get disturbed and remain pending.
- Communicate with your co workers time to time: It is important to communicate with your co workers in order to know the flow of the work done regarding a task or project. It also helps to have better relationship with your colleague’s.
- Use different apps for hangouts: Occasionally meeting your coworkers if you work in groups is impossible since you work from home.Use apps such as Skype, Google+ hangouts for video chatting. These apps helps us to meet 10 people at a time.
- Flexibility: Take a break and relax for a while, go for swimming, driving. Work schedule can be made as flexible as you need it.
- Disruptions: When there is too much of work overload take a break and then start working, it allows you to work better than before.
- Buy noise cancelling button: When you are in an important online meeting and if a doorbell rings or a police siren blares you meeting may get disturbed. Try to keep you surrounding environment calm and noise free.
On this telecommuting blog, you can find so many articles that can be helpful in finding the job for you.
Photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/candlescents/
If you like this post you'll also like: