How to Land the First Job
You are a graduate and it is high time to move to the next staging post of your life, and instead of sitting on the parents’ coach you want to live alone and satisfy your needs by yourself. However, the getting of your first job is not so easy to do. You are young and inexperienced, and these points of your CV won’t bring you the wanted result. However, it doesn’t mean that you are not able to find the desired job, it means that you should concentrate on your advantages to persuade the employer that you are a worthy candidate and can cope with the proposed job. When employers hire inexperienced people, they pay attention to such qualities as flexibility, communication skills, the ability of working in a team, positive attitude to work, creativity, enthusiasm – the things that cannot be taught – so they are searching for most productive raw material. Let’s start our conversation, hope it will be consistent for you.
So, you are a graduate, you have no experience and you want to find a good job to live under better conditions. When you start searching for the job at home, keep in mind that it is a time-taking process and there are no guarantees that you find what you need at once. What is more, if you look through the internet job sites you get more profitable opportunities. Post your resume online and send it to the employers via email. The process of searching involves many additional tasks, however, here I want to present you some piece of advice, which, I hope, will be useful for you.
1. Complete your resume. Even if you are not an expert in it, there are a lot of services that offer you a professional help. Remember that a good resume is a key to success, it is the first thing your potential employers pay attention to. So, if you are interested in the success – then take this question into a special consideration.
2. Keep your resume up-to-dated. As I have already mentioned, job searching can be a time-taking process, and meantime, you can finish some courses, or learn new software, get the driving license etc. Don’t forget to add these important details in your resume and to highlight the most important skills for the particular job. It is also recommended to use different resumes for different vacancies.
3. Use the endless opportunities of the Internet. LinkedIn is one of the most popular and effective social networks for those who want to find the first job – or to change the existing. Moreover, the activity in other social networks can also bring you benefits, make sure that all your friends, relatives know that you are searching for the job – it will hasten the process.
4. Find a part-time job. The question about your work experience is inevitable during the interview. You can get some experience while searching for a job and a part-time job is what can help you. Moreover, thus you can demonstrate your active and goal-oriented career position – which is surely your advantage.
5. Be confident. When you go to an interview, you should be sure in your success. Don’t lie about your possibilities, don’t be afraid to ask all the necessary questions and don’t accept the vacancy if it doesn’t suit you. There will be a lot of the other variants among which you can choose the best appropriate for you, but remember that you should know as much information about your company as possible, for not to waste your time and efforts.
6. Don’t be discouraged. Be ready, that you can fail to be hired. Don’t be disappointed, even if you think this is the job of your dream. You can apply for more than one vacancy to have the opportunity to choose. Don’t give up! Continue searching and remember all good things come to he who waits.
About the author: Paul Smith is a writer with a huge experience. He has a lot of articles on business. lifestyle, health and self-development topics. He also works as a writer for http://classyessaywriter.com/. Paul can be contacted on Google+
No related posts.