Online Academic Coach / Teaching Assistant – Jobs List Sept 18.
Academic Coaches are highly qualified, experienced practitioners who most frequently serve as the liaison between the university faculty member and students. The exact qualifications and requirements of an Academic Coach are tailored according to individual university and program needs. Often the Academic Coach is the student’s initial point of contact. The Coach does not “teach” the course but, rather, facilitates interaction of students and monitors student progress. The most common term for this role is Academic Coach but in some programs the term may be Instructional Assistant (IA), Teaching Assistant (TA) or Facilitator. The Professor is the faculty of record and the content expert.
SOME OF THE DESIRED CONTENT AREAS WITH MORE IMMEDIATE NEEDS ARE:
* Educational Literacy / Reading Specialist (Master’s Education Programs – PhD or Equivalent REQUIRED)
* Curriculum & Instruction (Master’s Education Programs PhD or Equivalent REQUIRED)
* Educational Research (Master’s Education Programs – PhD or Equivalent REQUIRED)
* Nursing Education & Administration (Undergraduate & Master’s Nursing Programs MSN or Higher REQUIRED and Valid RN License)
* American & World History (Undergraduate/Pre-Requisite Min. of Master’s with 18+ Graduate Hour in content area REQUIRED)
* English Literature & Composition (Undergraduate/Pre-Requisite – Min. of Master’s with 18+ Graduate Hour in content area REQUIRED)
For Education programs, a doctorate/terminal degree or actively pursuing a terminal degree is REQUIRED; with a minimum of a Master’s Degree with at least 18+ graduate hours in Literacy, Reading Specialization, Educational Administration, Mathematics or Science Education and/or Curriculum & Instruction is required.
Please email a resume and unofficial transcripts (if available).
To apply and learn more about the position, go to: Online Academic Coach / Teaching Assistant
If you like this post you'll also like: